“Ultimate relaxation destination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa

You added Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Cable Beach Road | Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia 6726, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Garden View Studio $199
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Broome
Broome, Australia
“Ultimate relaxation destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in a Pool Terrace Room for only one night - but wish it could have been longer! The room was beautifully furnished and nice and clean. We spent most of our time out on the terrace with our own private sun loungers it was perfect to sit back and forget the real world.. our room looked right out on to the Ocean Pool which was great. We ordered room service for dinner and the food was so delicious and the breakfast at Sunset Bar and Grill had more options than we knew what to do with! Looking out over the water of Cable Beach was the perfect was to start the day. Staff were friendly and attentive - loved our stay - Thanks Heaps Cable Beach Club!!!

Room Tip: Would Recommend spending the little extra to get a pool terrace room - so worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Great service by the Ocean pool, but it's a shame nobody enforces the No Mobile Phone Zone, or that smokers are able to smoke anywhere they choose. Despite requesting a non-smoking pool terrace room, we were given a smoking room (252) and had smokers both sides, making sitting outside on your deck not very pleasant at times. This was our 6th stay at the resort and much has improved over the past 8yrs, some good I.e. room upgrades some not good i.e. not advised that the turn-down service ceased the week before we arrived or that the use of dressing gowns (great after a shower or just rolled out of bed onto the terrace) are no longer provided. All the sun-loungers were crudely nailed in the semi-upright position, so unless you packed a screwdriver, no laying down up the pool. It seems the quality of food has changed with cheaper ingredients being used, which is a shame. The adult pool is fantastic unless you have a group of under 25's playing with balls while laying on sun loungers yelling, spilling drinks in the pool and the staff said nothing. I guess it did mean the group had to pay up for mor drinks. All that said, it's a great spot with lots of space, but I think we'll be trying one of the other smarter looking resorts in the New Year.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I received a free upgrade to a bungalow with it's own mini pool and kitchenette. Room is very large, clean, and well kept. Grounds are very well kept. Service is top notch, especially for Australia. Staff is very friendly. Much like being in Bali but with fewer Aussies. Just kidding. I ate at two of the restaurants while there. The Thai food was just okay. The grill by the beach was very good. Broome itself doesn't offer a lot, maybe a day or two of pretty dull sight seeing. Lot's of pearl shopping available, but prices aren't really that good. If I go back to Broome, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in bungalow 166. If I go back I will ask for the same or similar.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went to Broome for 7 days and got a good deal in Oct school hols for 2 nights. Wish I'd stayed longer. So friendly from the start, they even gave me a glass of wine while we waited for the baggage cart ride to our room. I was with two kids in a king bed room and the extra trundle bed was so comfortable, we all wanted it. The gardens are perfection, the pool area lovely , and the deck chairs are actually comfortable so you don't want to leave, if you order food even if just a basket of chips it is bought to you, i was impressed with the ample free jugs of water available to take to your umberella/deck chair whilst relaxing. HEAVEN..The breakfast area overlooking the park to the beach(Sunset bar) is fabulous and good value for money only $15 for the kids each. Ours was included in the room price but as I took an extra child I paid for him but they didn't charge me for the extra bed. Great play/water park area for kids, mini golf right next to pool so you can keep an eye on them. At night the Sunset bar is a restaurant/bar, not expensive and great to sit and watch the sunset and camels go by. Truly wonderful..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Coffs Harbour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I guess it comes down to, How often are you going to be in Broome? I lived for a while in Perth and never got up this far. I travelled from Darwin to the Bungles and didnt go west enough. This time I flew into Broome to join a ship to cruise the Kimberley Coast and I got to stay for just one night. In these circumstances I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else although I wish I had added a couple of extra nights. The Hotel is supurbly situated just over the road from one of the best beaches in the world. It's spread out with several different blocks and different styles of accommodation, the standard garden rooms are of good size, comfortable despite the firm beds, cool & quiet. Because the various blocks look very similar it's easy to get lost. All of the staff that I met were polite & welcoming. I got to meet people from all over the world. The food was OK but I expected more for the price paid. I think that the problem here is that visitors have high expectations because it is an icon, satisfying those expectations is the challenge that the management have to meet. I do tyhink that more needs to be done to provide free wifi throughout the reort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Having travelled to Broome many times.... Thought this time as it is only a two day stay - we would try Cable Beach and see if the hype was worth it.... What a mistake! Rooms are ok - if you like a rock hard bed.... Gardens are fairly unkept at best and the biggest let down - the staff - rude is putting it mildly. If they can blatantly ignore you they will and if by chance you get their attention - you are treated with disdain - this was a theme from the pool service to the sunset bar and everywhere in between..... I work for an airline and have travelled and stayed many places but would never stay here again, if they paid me to. Save yourself the agony and choose Pinctada in Broome instead - they are a 5 star hotel with 6 star service......

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CBCR2008, General Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Clearly it was extremely disappointing to read your views of our resort during your recent stay, as we were rather hoping `we had won you over’ by the time you departed? However as much as we do enjoy receiving the decidedly more favourable reviews we are more accustomed to, we will take this in our stride and certainly try to better understand what else we could have done to make you stay a far more enjoyable experience.

Kind Regards,

Ron Sedon, General Manager
Mona Vale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just had a great holiday with my 2 adult daughters. The resort is large and just across the road from Cable Beach.
We stayed in a bungalow which was very comfortable (with the exception of privacy issues - felt like we were in a fish pond when the blinds were up).
We only had one dinner at the resort - the Thai which was good. We discovered a restaurant opposite on the beachfront outside where the food was good and the prices a bit better. The breakfasts were on the whole very good, but if you want soft eggs, you have to ask for them.
Cocktails at sunset are a must!
The tour desk was fabulous with lots of helpful ideas. Overall we were very happy with it and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We had a bungalow as 3 adults - suggest asking for one with shrubs around the windows for privacy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!