“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 43 things to do in Broome
More attraction details
Owner description: Nigel and Helen operate Red Dirt Photography, Red Dirt Photographic Gallery and Red Dirt Photographic Tours. The Gallery and Tours are seasonal. The Photography Tours are now happening for the 2014 season. We have a One Day in Broome and Surrounds, a Half Day Broome and Sunset (new) and a 2 hour "Staircase to the Moon" (also new) Photography Tour. Let Nigel teach you how to capture the amazing colours of the Broome Landscape and the famous "Staircase to the Moon".
Oceanside, California
5 attraction reviews
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I can't say enough about how fabulous Nigel Gaunt is and what a great tour he puts together. Don't hesitate to go even on his one day photo tour. I did the 3 day up to Cape Leveque and it was a totally amazing experience. We did so much satisfying things each day and learned to take great photos of the landscape and the Staircase to the Moon. The accommodations at Lombadina Aboriginal Community were just fine and our chef was brilliant. Our small group of 8 had a great time.

Visited August 2012
Helen B, Manager at Red Dirt Photographic Tours, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you tvlagt2012 for your lovely comments about your 3 day Photography Tour with us. Nigel enjoys sharing his knowledge and passion of Photography. He is currently on tour today with another group of keen participants. We hope to see you here again!

Sydney
31 attraction reviews
“My photography improved in just one day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Travelling thru the Kimberly for the previous week, i was constantly amazed at the great shots I was able to take because there is such a great landscape to photograph, but when shopping in Broome I came across a day trip with a difference.

We were picked up from our hotels at about 7:30am by Nigel a local photographer with a great gallery, down to the dock and talked photography, exposure, light etc. Stuff that I had read/heard about but it was in language I could understand. Morning tea at a local artists gallery, then off to James Price Point (and lunch), an amazing place where the red dirt meets the white sand in some amazing ways. We finished on Cable Beach shooting the sunset, camels, then some night photography.

This was one of the highlights of my 2 weeks away, learning to get so much more out of my camera

Next time I would look at planning my trip around one of the 3 or 7 day tours.

Visited July 2011
Helen B, Manager at Red Dirt Photographic Tours, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hi StuartI, I should have responded much earlier to your lovely comments about your Photography Tour with Nigel. I suppose that because we have been in constant contact since then I didnt really get around to it. My apologies for not doing so earlier!
It has been great to get to know you over the years and watch you enthusiam and level of photography grow. You are almost part of the family.
Keep up the amazing work and Nigel will catch up with you again soon. Coming to Broome for the school holidays again this year?