“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 52 restaurants in Broome
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: SELENE, the luminous Greek Goddess of the moon, inspires this delicious dining experience. It begins with a memorable signature menu, designed by multi-award winning chef Greg Malouf of MoMo to suit the Broome Climate and the fresh produce of the region. The menu delights the senses with the exotic flavours of the Middle East and Easter Mediterranean, while our signature dish at pearl harvest time – spiced sautéed pearl meat – pays homage to Broome’s rich pearling heritage.
Perth, Australia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Took my husband for his birthday on a Sunday night. Staff and food very good (pan fried gnocchi). The staff went that bit further and organised a treat for my husband as a surprise. Nice touch considering we were not staying at the Pinctada. Well done!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Matthew C, General Manager at Selene Brasserie, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear 255103 Julie,
Thank you for your recent post and I would like to wish your husband a belated happy birthday. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and cuisine; in particular the pan fried gnocchi which is fast becoming a favourite dish for diners. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Broome and I would also extend an invitation to stay at Pinctada Cable Beach the next time as our outstanding service extends beyond Selene’s.

81% Recommend
Albany, Australia
“What a fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really liked this place, food was fantastic, not a huge menu but what was there was excellent and the service was fantastic, reasonably priced too

Visited October 2012
Matthew C, General Manager at Selene Brasserie, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mark Australia,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent visit to Selene’s. I look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to Broome.

Sydney, Australia
“Very enjoyable and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being my first time to, Broome and staying with friends we wanted somewhere cool and pleasant to enjoy a relaxing meal. Selene's certainly didn't disappoint – their menu was extensive and interesting without being too ambitious (which works for me!).

I had the lobster gnocchi and how mouth watering was that!

Also had a chance to look around the Pinctada Resort, which is very much the Oasis of Broome.

Dear Quaetapo,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Selene’s and Pinctada Cable Beach soon.

“Pan fried gnocchi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We heard so many good things going around since they change the menu and we can't wait to try the pan fried gnocchi which my other friend try it and he mentioned that the waiter suggested it that's why he try it. So I come to try it too and it was amazing I can have this meal everyday because it was so amazing and waiter was great on suggesting it and the wines a compliments with it. I highly recommend it to try it awesome.

Matthew C, General Manager at Selene Brasserie, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear MMM D,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent visit to Selene’s and I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed one of our new dishes. I look forward to being able to welcome you back soon for another amazing experience.

“Gone fishing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Started out like a dream, we were placed near an outside pond containing gold fish and a nice water feature at our glance.

We had read great reviews about the food and in particular the barramundi dish. When we ordered our entrees the restaurant was near empty and to our surprise they managed to take 1 hour to bring out 1 dozen of oysters (6 natural and 6 Kilpatrick).

2 hours had past and I was starving waiting for my barramundi to arrive, I was tempted to dangle a hand reel and try my luck at catching one of the gold fish swimming around in the pond....eventually our mains arrived 2.15hr later with no apologies.

Mains were lovely, however meals were delivered on Fiji time, even though it was a quite night. Yeah sure if it was busy, I could understand their slow service, but not this night.....Great food if your prepared to wait 2.15hrs for it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Matthew C, General Manager at Selene Brasserie, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Samsoncn,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent dining experience. While I am delighted that you enjoyed the cuisine, I was disappointed to read of the timings of your meal. I apologise unreservedly if the wait between courses was unacceptable and I appreciate the feedback as it allows us to improve our service. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.