“Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 41 Activities in Broome
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Located within Talbot Bay within the Buccaneer Archipelago, The Horizontal Waterfall comes to life through two narrow openings, one on each side of the sandstone ridgelines.When the rising or falling tide occurs, the water banks up on one of these sides of the ridgelines. The flow of this water through these gaps just can not keep up with the rate of the tide rising or falling. This in turn creates an amazing waterfall effect as the water rushes through and then down to the lower levels on the other side of the ridgelines. Not long after the process is reversed and it is repeated again in the opposite direction.It is believed that many billions of years ago there may have been only a small crack between the ridgelines that over the years became larger and larger due to erosion and made gaps of between nine and twenty three metres which created this amazing place call Horizontal Waterfalls.
Perth, Australia
“Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had always wanted to experience Horizontal Falls and I was lucky enough to be able to full fill that dream this year. I decided, at the recommendation of others to do the overnight trip, It was everything I had hoped for and more. From the pick up and then the sea plane ride, to be welcomed on the houseboat, the staff made me feel so welcome and their enthusiasm for what they have showed through. Adrian has so much knowledge of the area, the sea life and especially the falls themselves. It was so exciting, and because I was on the overnight trip I got to go through the falls a couple of times. The houseboat is beautiful, and sitting watching the sun go down in Talbot Bay with a glass or two of red wine was a night I will never forget. This trip was worth every cent.

Visited July 2013

Caloundra, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was trip was worth every cent, it was absolutely brilliant. It was a bucket list trip that we took our 5 yr old grandson along on. From the morning pickup to the evening return it was first class, the flight, boat rides, food, everything. But lastly the staff were the best, their service and knowledge was among the best we have come across.

Visited August 2013
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
“Put this trip on your Bucket List!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

After watching Coast Australia during the week it brought back all the memories of our trip to the Horizontal Falls. My husband and I did the full day trip in August and I can honestly say it was the best tour I have done in years. I can not fault this trip from the friendly professional staff to the A Grade facilities, it was one of a kind. I would recommend the full day tour as you get everything a half day does plus a trip to Beagle Bay, Cape Leveque and One Arm Point in the 4WD truck "Big Foot", and it is only an extra $50. Our Highlights included Cape Leveque, swimming in the shark cage, the ride through the falls in Jet Stream, an amazing Barra lunch and the scenic flight home in the Seaplane. You must put this tour on your bucket list, I can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Bendigo, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“The absolute HIGHLIGHT of our Broome holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We did the Full Day Tour with Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures in September. It was the perfect time to visit Broome as town had quietened down after the hustle and bustle of peak season and the weather was still perfect! Our day started early with a complimentary pick-up from our Hotel by Dusty, the friendly and informative guide. Our first stop was the historical, pearl shell church at Beagle Bay followed by the drive up the corrugated Cape Leveque Rd. The road was bumpy but the vehicle took it well and it was all part of the adventure! We had a light and fresh breakfast at Cape Leveque, followed by a water hatchery tour at One Arm Point, where were greeted by Ben, our friendly and professional pilot for the day. After we boarded the seaplane we did a scenic flight to the Horizontal Falls where we landed on the water. What an experience! We spent the afternoon going through the Horizontal Falls in the fast boat which was a fabulous, once-in-a-lifetime experience, we cruised around the surrounding bay just taking in the beauty of the area, swam in the custom built shark cage which was so much fun. We both almost didn't swim in the shark tank but loved it as soon as we hopped in! It was such a clever design, whoever made it must be a genius! Lunch was also included in the cost which, like breakfast, was light, fresh, and was prepared by the lovely Keesha. The day was really made special by the crew. They were so hospitable, experienced and very accommodating. They worked very hard at making the day very easy for us! We also can't forget the lovely girls in the office, they were so helpful and efficient that they made booking a breeze. I definitely recommending booking at least 2 - 3 weeks in advance as they are always busy!

Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Must do trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have visited the Horizontal Falls on a couple of occasions, both with this same company. I can't recommend the trip highly enough, in my opinion the area is the most beautiful place in the world I have been, and best experienced both from the air and on the water level. Although it seems a little expensive at first, once you've done the trip you realise it is definitely worth the price, and you want to do it again. The floatplane trip was fantastic and so much fun landing on the water. The houseboats were fantastic and great food was provided. I would recommend staying overnight if you get the opportunity, the accommodation is great for such a remote area, and seeing the place at dawn, dusk and night as well as the day is fantastic. One of the highlights is definitely the jet boat ride through the falls themselves, so much fun! Another great idea they have up there is the shark proof cage to go for a swim, really unique. Seeing the friendly sharks swimming all around the place was incredible too, and seeing them get fed was pretty cool. we even got to see a saltwater crocodile. All the staff were so welcoming and fun as well, its just such a relaxed fantastic vibe, and the facilities they have are pretty impressive. We will be doing this trip again with this same company next time we are in Broome.

Visited September 2013