Like everything in Broome, chances are you are paying premium. Noting is cheap in Broome. We liked the selena restaurant and the pinctada spa and did not mind paying their prices. We got a honjin suite at just under 400AUD and thought it was too much for what it was. Having said that, some things could have been fixed. The main issue with this resort is that there are design flaws and of course it is not at the beach, and far from Broome downtown. The town bus goes every half an hour during summer and that might be an option for some, however everything in Broome is quite spread out so we ended up hiring a car from HERTZ at the airport. Check with them if you do hey can offer to pick you up to collect the car dependent on staff availability. calling taxis was hit and miss for us in Broome depending on how busy it was at the time . Broome taxis are the biggest operator with around 10 cars., I think. parking in front of the resort is free and plenty. privacy is the main design fault here, as everything overlooking everything, no privacy in the gardens, the pool, not even in the private courtyards or verandas, if privacy is important to you i cannot recommend this place at all. there are other flaws such as the pathways do not correspond always how people would naturally walk, creating situations where people walk through gardens or certain pathways not being used at all. Order room service, and get the mains from the restaurant they are great, albeit not cheap. Have a spa treatment!
Don't stay too long here. We stayed for 7 nights and felt that five would have been plenty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimberley Sands Resort and Spa is Broome's newest full service spa resort located close to Cable Beach. Located in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia, our Award winning intimate 72 room & suite resort is created to nurture you. Here you'll find understated elegance and around the clock attention. Original art to the hand selected furnishings and decor, every detail reflects the Kimberley. Features include the 25m Maxima pool, guest gym, meditative gardens and day spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinctada Cable Beach Hotel Broome
- Pinctada Cable Beach Broome