“ok for a shorter stay, if you can get a deal....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa

You added Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Murray Road | Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia 6726, Australia (Formerly Pinctada Cable Beach)   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Broome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“ok for a shorter stay, if you can get a deal....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Like everything in Broome, chances are you are paying premium. Noting is cheap in Broome. We liked the selena restaurant and the pinctada spa and did not mind paying their prices. We got a honjin suite at just under 400AUD and thought it was too much for what it was. Having said that, some things could have been fixed. The main issue with this resort is that there are design flaws and of course it is not at the beach, and far from Broome downtown. The town bus goes every half an hour during summer and that might be an option for some, however everything in Broome is quite spread out so we ended up hiring a car from HERTZ at the airport. Check with them if you do hey can offer to pick you up to collect the car dependent on staff availability. calling taxis was hit and miss for us in Broome depending on how busy it was at the time . Broome taxis are the biggest operator with around 10 cars., I think. parking in front of the resort is free and plenty. privacy is the main design fault here, as everything overlooking everything, no privacy in the gardens, the pool, not even in the private courtyards or verandas, if privacy is important to you i cannot recommend this place at all. there are other flaws such as the pathways do not correspond always how people would naturally walk, creating situations where people walk through gardens or certain pathways not being used at all. Order room service, and get the mains from the restaurant they are great, albeit not cheap. Have a spa treatment!
Don't stay too long here. We stayed for 7 nights and felt that five would have been plenty.

Room Tip: Now that I have seen the layout (check photo of floorplan) I am thinking the high floor Shinju studi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear DJ130,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent stay with us. While I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, the spa and dining at the resort, I was however disappointed to read that certain aspects of the resort and possibly the town were not to your liking. While I cannot comment on the town taxi services or car hire, it appears that that some of the issues may have detracted from your experience? I do hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again when you next travel to Broome.

Matthew Clowes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beautifully designed resort hotel, a few minutes walk from Cable beach , set in lush native garden around quiet courtyards and relaxing pool area. Delightful tastefully designed rooms & suites where my friends and I spent a blissful week in May 2013 enjoying the Paspaley Polo weekend .
Large comfortable rooms with the best bathrooms !!! Great casual restaurant , bar areas and lounge areas all surrounded by beautiful gardens .
The food and service was excellent !!! The hotel staff knowledgeable and a delight .
This has to be my favourite place to stay in Broome Western Australia .
Looking forward to returning same time next year. Anna-Lisa

Room Tip: Suites are large & quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anna-Lisa K,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your stay with us over the Polo festival. As a discerning traveller I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all facets of the resort from gardens, grounds, rooms food and beverage and in particular that the staff have made such a positive impression. I look forward to being able to welcome you back for the Pinctada Cable Beach Polo Festival again in 2014.

Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had 3 fantastic nights there after clearing out of our over rated,over priced ,under serviced,
hotel around the corner.The service was excellent especially the front office staff .
The food was good and nothing was a bother.The rooms were modern and clean.
The pool area was a bit tight but quite nice .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lawrence R,
Thank you for taking time to post feedback of your recent and unscheduled stay. I was very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and the service offered at Pinctada Cable Beach. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back when you next visit Broome.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here on business for 10 days late last year. Being the 'Wet' season, occupancy was very low and as a result I pretty much had the place to myself. Rates were also very favourable at this time of year. My Honjin Courtyard Suite was very nicely decorated and fronted directly on to a small plunge pool that was shared by maybe 5 or 7 other rooms. During my stay only one of these rooms was occupied and only for one night so I pretty much had my own pool and sun lounge area the entire stay. I had a separate bedroom to the living/kitchen/dining area and also a huge en-suite bathroom.The breakfasts and dinners I had in the restaurant were of very high standard and although I didn't have a day spa treatment, my dealings and enquiries with the spa manager Sasha were exemplary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Danny TT,
Thank you for your kind feedback. I was delighted to read that despite work commitments you enjoyed your stay with us and found the resort, food and particularly the staff helpful. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon for either business or leisure.

Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in July. This is a good resort, low rise and relaxed in layout. However being placed in the most distant room from reception means a bit of walking. We enjoyed our stay, but were disappointed in the standard of preparation of our room. On arrival, 3 light fittings were not operating and the room had not been cleaned to a reasonable standard. Lights were fixed promptly. Ants and a cockroach inhabited the small food and utensil storage area above the fridge. The bathroom is quirky, with a large freestanding bath taking pride of place. A meal in the pool bar took an age to be served. A good buffet breakfast is available. Nice place, pity about the detail.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Murray F,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you had some concerns with your rooms during your stay. While I am pleased to read that issues with your room were actioned promptly I apologise unreservedly that the room was not presented correctly upon arrival. I will be addressing with our housekeeping team. I am however pleased that you enjoyed the room appointments and the room layout. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again when you next travel to Broome.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Helpful and friendly staff made our stay easy and relaxed. Rooms are beautifully appointed and decorated. Great shower! Beds are comfy but we found the pillows quite uncomfortable - which did make sleep harder to come by. We would recommend they change the long pillows for standard sized well cushioned ones. Food at Selene is really good so definitely dine there during your stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Sydviz,
Thank you for recent post. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed some laid back luxury at Pinctada Cable Beach. I am however sorry that while you were impressed by the room appointments, the pillows were not to your satisfaction. We do offer a pillow menu and I hope that you have an opportunity to choose from on your next visit. Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations on Selene’s. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week mid-July and couldn't have been happier that we did. Great reception at the airport (& advice on luggage that didn't arrive!) was the start of what became a wonderful stay.
Perfect place to celebrate my 30th birthday (with delish chocs left for us!), & helpful staff assisting my husband in organising and booking a birthday surprise. Christy at the pool bar was particularly friendly and helpful.
Lovely room, great food, a wonderful stay all round - thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Bess Aust,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read your review and that we could assist in you celebrating a special birthday. I especially appreciate your comments given your extensive travels. I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next have an oportunity to escape to Broome.

Matthew Clowes

Been to Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!