This is a lovely place, a modern apartment with all the appliances you could need. Instruction manuals are in the drawers. There are air-conditioning and ceiling fans in all bedrooms, living areas and kitchen.
However, there are several points you should know before paying $800/night to stay here:
1. Although their website says there is broadband internet access in the rooms, there isn't! You need to take your laptop to the reception area and use the wireless connection there (free). This was a major problem for my husband and I as we had come away thinking we'd be able to finish off some work and stay in touch with colleagues for a couple of hours every day. We bought a Telstra USB 3G wireless connection ($149 for the hardware then pay for the download Mb as you go) but this wasn't perfect as the network dropped out very frequently.
2. Beach is not close by.
3. Foxtel was unavailable for large amounts of time. We stayed 5 nights and several nights and afternoons there would be 4-6 hours without Foxtel (one day it was about 6pm to 8am), just regional free-to-air.
4. The lap pools would be good if they weren't ice cold. My 8 year old wouldn't use it after the first day, which meant we had to go and sit by the central pool for her to swim in the warmer water. Having your own lap pool was another one of the main attractions of booking this particular resort.
5. The cafe is not open throughout the day - just for breakfast and dinner (6:30pm onwards). It would have been good to have a drinks vending machine near the pool so you could buy a cold drink whilst sitting by the pool, if the cafe couldn't be open during the day.
6. They do not have a liquor licence and the nearest bottle shop (Divers) is not easy walking distance in hot weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Voted Broomes Best accommodation 2013!" by the locals of Broome.Inspired by the exotic pavilion homes of South East Asia, The Pearle offers Pearle Guest rooms and premium 1, 2 and 3-bedroom Pavilion accommodation in synergy with the natural surroundings and with stunning local artwork throughout. We are home to the most swimming pools in a resort anywhere in Australia (36 in total), each fully self-contained Pavilion offers modern comfort with designer kitchens, air-conditioning and spacious living areas including a large outdoor deck with stainless steel BBQs and a private swimming pool.Other facilities include an onsite breakfast cafe, Day Spa, Resort Shop, Tour Desk, Free Internet Station, Late Check Out Lounge and Bathroom.The perfect resort for the discerning traveler to Broome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Pearle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearle Hotel Broome
- Pearle Hotel Broome