I had 10 great nights at The Pearle in a 2 bedroom configuration. Loads of space inside and out (there were 2 of us) and plenty of natural light through lots of glass. Full size kitchen and fridge/freezer was very convenient. Tastefully decorated throughout with lovely plants complementing the outdoor spaces.
We each had our own bedroom (with flat screen TV) and bathroom. I had the smaller of the two bedrooms and it was great. Huge shower and spacious bathroom and also had its own little deck complete with a small outdoor table and two chairs. A couple would be quite comfortable in this room.
I found all staff to be very helpful - promptly provided extra hangers for use in wardrobes as well as pool towels and extra soap when asked, happily provided info and bookings when asked, provided (basic) breakfast in our room for days when tours had us up too early to go to the restaurant (we had daily breakfast included in our rate). Happily let me use their internet connection. Waitstaff (Adam & Gemma) at the restaurant were terriffic - always lovely and obliging. They helped make the start of each day so pleasant!
The resort itself is not on or across from Cable Beach but only a short-ish walk away (a short cut to the beach to avoid a bit of a loop would be very handy some days!). The town bus stops across the road and about ten metres up from the resort entrance - very handy, especially after picking up groceries. We didnt end up hiring a car as we really didnt need it. Walking to/from beach and local restaurants/bars was lovely as we did this before and after the heat of the middle of the day.
The resort restaurant is small but serves reasonable fare. We had dinner there twice and it was quite nice. Be prepared to pay more than you normally would - EVERYTHING is expensive in Broome... definitely not a cheap holiday destination. Included breakfast is a choice of orange juice or hot beverage and a choice of about about six different items including pancakes and eggs benedict.
The main pool is nicely set out in the middle of the resort adjacent to the restaurant and thankfully is temperature controlled (unlike our private pool). This is where you will also find pool/beach towels.
I have listed the negatives I encountered over my stay below. These are not meant as a dire warning to stay away but rather they are intended to highlight areas that need improvement.
- Private pool was freezing, even in the middle of day when it had direct sunlight over it (but was way too hot to be out in the open anyway)
- There are no in room safes although you can leave valuables with reception (just a little inconvenient)
- Have to carry your key at all times to lock and unlock doors. Although the perimeter is fenced it wouldnt take much for anyone to get in undetected - our 'house' backed onto vacant land.
- Pool towels are left on table out in the open so if there is rain or even a light shower you will need to call housekeeping if you need some
- So many light/fan/dimmer switches! Was a little confusing and sometimes annoying
- No screens on doorways means you cant have them open unless you dont mind every bug (plus frogs and lizards) imaginable coming inside
- Only one telephone, on wall, in kitchen. Inconvenient if you are not in the main part of the house.
- Nowhere to hang an item of clothing in bedrooms or bathrooms aside from in wardrobe
- Nowhere to put shampoo bottles etc other than on the ground in very large shower spaces
- "Servicing" your room does not include cleaning of any description even when its obviously needed. We had a service half way through our stay and I would have appreciated having my bathroom mirror/glass shower wall cleaned as well as some windows in the main living area. A sweep of the bedroom and bathroom wouldnt have gone astray either. From what I can tell, bins were emptied and fresh towels and linen were supplied and thats it. Not the end of the world, but would make the stay nicer if you have shiny clean mirrors and windows.
All in all I had a lovely and pleasant stay and would happily recommend and return although, rates are a bit on the pricey side as is the case with all properties in Broome.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearle Hotel
- The Pearle Hotel Broome
- Pearle Hotel Broome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Voted Broomes Best accommodation 2013!" by the locals of Broome.Inspired by the exotic pavilion homes of South East Asia, The Pearle offers Pearle Guest rooms and premium 1, 2 and 3-bedroom Pavilion accommodation in synergy with the natural surroundings and with stunning local artwork throughout. We are home to the most swimming pools in a resort anywhere in Australia (36 in total), each fully self-contained Pavilion offers modern comfort with designer kitchens, air-conditioning and spacious living areas including a large outdoor deck with stainless steel BBQs and a private swimming pool.Other facilities include an onsite breakfast cafe, Day Spa, Resort Shop, Tour Desk, Free Internet Station, Late Check Out Lounge and Bathroom.The perfect resort for the discerning traveler to Broome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Pearle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.