“Beautiful accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearle

You added The Pearle to your Saves list
The Pearle
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   14 Millington Road, Broome, Western Australia 6725, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Broome
Australia
“Beautiful accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed 3 nights as a couple in very private guest room which was one bedroom with lovely brand new appointments and spacious bathroom. There were no chairs inside but had a small deck to sit and relax outside . Would love to stay in this quality again, it was absolutely beautiful. The bus to town is right outside and goes about every half hour at most stops. We didn't have a vehicle and even though we love walking and generally walk 5 to 10 kilometres daily, the walk to cable beach, where everyone goes to the sunset bar to see sunset and camels, is probably at least 2 kilometres which is a bit of a trek in the heat. You cant just pop back to your room for a bit and return. We got dropped off after one of our tours to catch the sun set and would have loved to pop back to our room and freshen up and return for dinner but were too tired to walk again as it would have been another 4 kilometre walk there and back again. My suggestion to the hotels on the circuit to improve on their customer service would be to provide a mini bus to and from the beach a couple of times a day for sunrise and sunset. If you have a car, no problem, I'm not sure how long you would wait for a taxi and if its worth it for a short trip either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PearleManagement, General Manager at The Pearle, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind and generous feedback.

Yes, the Sunset Bar is a must do when visiting the beautiful Cable Beach.
There is nothing like watching the sunset over the Indian ocean while partaking in a cocktail or chilled ale.

Paul Coggan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent four days as an adult family of five in a three bedroom pavilion. From googling online etc to find the accomodation much bigger was fabulous, as was the 3 bedrooms themselves, to be so seperate and again completely private. The layout of the whole complex is for privacy and the gardens are superbly kept. It was a very memorable birthday occasion for our visit and the whole Pearle experience fitted that bill. On the last day we checked out and then moved to utilise the the main pool area, and again the fit out is wonderful and much greener than online photos show. We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PearleManagement, General Manager at The Pearle, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and Happy Birthday from the team at the Pearle!

We look forward to seeing you again in beautiful Broome.

General Manager.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in a 'motel style' room, which is the 3rd bedroom of a pavilion that is locked off to cater as separate accommodation. I loved the style of the resort and found it private, lush, tropical and quiet. I felt a little piece of Bali. The 'motel style' room was fine for me on my own, lovely bathroom and a little deck out the front, comfortable bed and enough room, but if I went as a couple I think I would go up to the next level. I was disappointed to hear there was no restaurant other than for continental breakfast in the morning. Therefore I had to walk (or drive) to the nearest outlets, which was less than 2km away. There is a restaurant at the Zoo and the burger place is half way to Cable Beach and a great restaurant at the Beach called Zanders. The general store down the road near bottle shop was also handy and had great luncheon choices. I found the location to be fine, yes there is a short walk to the main part of Cable Beach but its under 2km and an easy walk to see the sunset each day. Great exercise. The breakfast each day didn’t open until 8.00am but I overheard people organising an earlier breakfast delivery to their rooms due to early departures. The breakfast was basic but fresh and nice, typical continental. I had no issue with birds and I sat outside each morning for breakfast. I saw the signs alerting guests to the danger of the birds but was more concerned about the reference of seeing a man with a gun (not a real gun!) shooting at birds. This resort cannot be exclusively having issues with the birds it must be a seasonal issue in the area.
I believe the resort is one of the best in Cable Beach as far as I could see from driving around and looking through the grounds of the resorts. However, I didn’t check out rooms of each resort. Location wise, Cable Beach Resort is the BEST, but be prepared to pay for it and be prepared for a dated resort. There are many newer resorts available close by.
I agree with some of the previous comments on customer service from The Pearle. Maybe this is due to having ‘travellers’ looking after the resort and not locals. But customer service was lacking in the reservations and check in area. I called to enquire about a room and was ‘concerned’ based on other trip advisor comments. But reservations did not make me feel reassured after I expressed concern. Rather they were ambivalent about my booking. In fact I had called around 7pm to book and was asked to call back in 10 minutes as they were just out of the office (I had to call back rather than them call me back – Most people would have just called another resort!). I then called back 10 minutes later to get a different person who said the office is closed call back tomorrow morning at 8.00am! When I told him that I was asked to call back 10 minutes ago he said well the office is closed I have no access to anything feel free to email and we will respond to you in the morning. For me as an owner of a company I would be appalled if my staff let an enquiry slip through like that. I was unsure about my booking right up to arriving and getting in to the room.
I would definitely stay at the resort again and would love to stay in a pavilion as they looked fabulous! I do think they need to work on customer service but everything else was lovely!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
PearleManagement, General Manager at The Pearle, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Pearle.

Our aim is to bring a little of South East Asia to Australia and Mix it with the very unique and wonderful Kimberley.

We have an amazing array of wildlife in the Kimberley and guests of The Pearle can expect to experience all sorts of animals such as the beautiful little Geckos, Ta Ta Lizards and Green Tree Frogs.

Our number one priority though is our guests health and well being, and after many attempts to relocate these few Mudlarks from around the cafe, it has been recommended that the Mudlarks that are causing issues be eradicated

The local wildlife ranger has now issued a licence to eradicate these few Mudlarks. We expect the issue to be resolved in the very near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed for the 3rd time at one of the pavilions. If you like the privacy of an enclosed courtyard and your own lap pool, then you can't find a better place in Broome. The only alternative would be one of the few upmarket holiday homes. We love to cook ourself and invite local friends for dinner or lunch. The well designed pavilions allow for it.

This time we had a few maintenance issues, which were all addressed by the friendly staff a.s.a.p.

The guest rooms which double as 3rd bedroom for the pavilions offer motel style accommodation. They are fine if this is what your are looking for, but the pavilions are a complete different level of accommodation.

Room Tip: ask for a pavilion away from the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure hosting your stay in Beautiful Broome once again.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Paul Coggan.

General Manager.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Pavilion was spacious and the grounds were lovely. However, from the advertising I was under the impression the Pearle was 'on' Cable Beach not a 10-15 minute walk away. It was disappointing a house was under construction on the road opposite - so from 7am the 'tradies' radio was playing and knocking and banging, not conducive to the rest and relaxation we had anticipated (especially when paying over $400 a night for a couple). We had heard so much about Cable Beach - it was pleasant but we prefer to see less people and would rate more highly beaches like Whitehaven in Queensland and Wineglass Bay in Tassie.

Room Tip: Pavilion was nice because of the lap pool which we used in the evenings - not the most peaceful expe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PearleManagement, General Manager at The Pearle, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review us,

The Pearle of Cable Beach is a leisurely 15 to 20 min walk to the crystal white sands of Cable Beach.
There are no resorts actually located on Cable Beach and have we have never promoted The Pearle as being on Cable Beach.

You would have found that the walk is along the wide foot path following Millington Road and then Sanctuary Road. A very safe and easy walk.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in Beautiful Broome.

General manager.
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at The Pearle in a Pavilion on a previous occasion and didn't have any complaints. This time we stayed for 7 nights in one of the beautifully designed Pavilions. How sad is was to see how much it had deteriorated in just a few years. First we had a broken dishwasher, then a blocked and very worn shower head, a missing bulb in the cooker range a broken lounger at the poolside and palms so overgrown that constantly hit against the bedroom roof. (no sleep!) All of these problems were brought to the attention of the reception staff who arranged for maintenance to repair all of the above. The maintenance men were delightful and eventually sorted out the problems. Not a word from management or a follow up by reception staff. Unfortunately the clothes dryer constantly cut out and a stove top plate didn't function. We understand that the weather is harsh on appliances in Broome but is it the guests responsibility to do the managements job? To top it all - most of the windows were filthy as was the surrounding pool decking, the decking also has loose planks and rot. One of the receptionists is definitely in the the wrong industry perhaps she needs to understand what the word hospitality actually means. We had a snake which liked our deck, it was a harmless but very long tree snake, it fell from one of the palms on it's second visit! Now, I don't blame the receptionist about the snake but I didn't need a lecture from her - let's face it we're not all happy to share our deck with a snake. The lovely maintenance men tried to help and then the snake catcher named Neil came along and put me at ease, kindly leaving his number to call him directly, thank you Neil. On leaving I filled in their form which stated that "they take their maintenance and cleanliness seriously" I listed the problems and left the room number thinking that I may hear from the manager...Not a word. So, Tripadvisor it is - The Pearle deserves better! I wonder if management equate a reduced rack rate to reduced maintenance and cleanliness. My final tip is to say that The Pearle is in Cable Beach and it's one and a half kilometre to the main beach.

Room Tip: only a pavilion. Check which has morning sun etc.
Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear that you had a few issues during your stay this time. Your negative review, especially from repeat guest is very uncommon and have investigated as to why.

I do have your feedback form (that we offer all guests because we do value guests comments and feedback), but because it was only a few days since your departure, and without the completion of my investigation, I have not yet replied personally to you regarding your feedback. It’s a shame that you were so hasty in providing feedback on Tripadvisor without giving me fair time and opportunity to respond to your concerns.

I am an owner operator here at The Pearle and I have now been here for over four years. We are very proud of The Pearle and the high standards that we are commonly known for, We have very recently been awarded Broomes Best accommodation (voted by the locals) We have also recently received a certificate for excellence from Trip advisor for the second year running.

We are extremely focused on providing all guests, especially repeat guests with high quality and an even better value experience each time they stay at The Pearle.

We are continually upgrading the resort and our Pavilions. I do hope that you enjoyed the fantastic new Danish outdoor furniture that has just been installed. I also hope that you took advantage of our brand new late checkout bathroom that we provide guests free of charge.

last year we invested substantial funds into heating all the 35 Pavilion pools. They are now a perfect temperature all year round.

We have also just setup a complimentary wireless internet service, available throughout the resort.

In the very near future we will be building a brand new main pool pavilion lounge. A perfect way to relax and unwind at The Pearle of Cable Beach.

We do hope that you try us again as I’m sure that you will find that your last stay was certainly not standard here at The Pearle of Cable Beach.

Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We are curenlty here in a guest room and have had nothing but noise and bad service. With the guest rooms attached to the pavilions we here every word said, very bad design. We have been unlucky with a family with three young children attached to ours, although my booking requested a "quiet" room this did not have any impact. We really needed to get away to relax and the noise has not enabled us to do this. Upon complaining to Chloe at reception her lack of empathy and level of customer service was far from helpful who decided arguing with me was a better option. I had better customer service from cable beech resort when I booked a couples massage as they don't have that here who were very apologetic for the line dropping out and I'm not even a guest there. We offered to pay for an upgrade to a pavilion to get some quiet and rest but could not be accommodated. We feel like we have been excited from our room as its too noisy to stay there so we have to go out only returning later in the evening.

We were also stunned at the cafe only open for breakfast then coffee only until midday. The resort pool is Devine but when we asked for coffee at 11:45 she had already packed up so we had to pack our things from poolside and walk to cable beech club. I would highly recommend couples to go elsewhere and not waste your money.

Room Tip: If you can afford a pavilion room that's a better option
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PearleManagement, General Manager at The Pearle, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
For readers of this review- This is a very unfair review and is not a true reflection of the guests stay. If Tripadvisor allows, it, I will request it to be removed.

This guest checked in at 5pm into one of our delightful Guest Rooms. She heard a child get a little boisterous next door (as children can be on occasion) and came up and asked to be shifted. Our front office person straight away offered her two different room alternatives. (We even had our housekeeping team pre-arrive both rooms for her to view) The guest chose not to shift.
The next day she came in to see if she could upgrade to one of our amazing Pearle Pavilions. Unfortunately we were not able to accommodate because we were already full booked in the Pavilions.
We promote everywhere that our onsite cafe is a breakfast cafe and is available for breakfasts daily from 8am until 10.30am 7 days a week. (this includes the online booking site that she booked on) There are however many restaurants very close by as well as onsite drinks vending machines and drinks and packaged snacks available all day at the Pearle resort shop.
We pride ourselves on doing everything possible to accommodate every guests wish.
I do hope that we can encourage this guest to stay with us again to prove to her that The Pearle is indeed a truly relaxing and peaceful resort.

Regards,

Paul Coggan

Been to The Pearle? Share your experiences!