“Great food experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tea House at Chinatown

Tea House at Chinatown
11-17 Cohen Pl, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Chinatown)
(03) 9639 2526
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Tea House at Chinatown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 3,377 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
“Great food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My partner and I visited Tea House on Saturday last and WOW!! I'd not ventured into Chinatown for many years and I'm so glad we did. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Whilst the cost was higher than a suburban restaurant, which was expected, I could not find any fault whatsoever. The honey pepper beef was a stand out from a banquet which had many highlights. I cannot wait to return to this restaurant in the near future.

• Visited July 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Just love the fluffy lobster omelet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a great restaurant, although it lacks a wee bit of ambience. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding. Price is more than reasonable.

Visited July 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely quiet Chinese restaurant in Chinatown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. Our party of 4 found plenty of menu options to suit our preferences, the wine list was quite extensive and the prices reasonable. Above all, the restaurant was not noisy and chaotic, as a lot of Chinatown restaurants can be, and the service was excellent. I would eat there again, and recommend if you are after good Chinese food and a calm ambience, without spending a fortune. The fact that we could book ahead was also a bonus

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Aussie_traveller097
Perth
“A truly great Chinese meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Shannon really has kept up the very high standard of food at the Tea House. From the Lobster Omellete to the Honey Pepper Beef the food is exceptional.
So do yourself a favour and try this little hidden gem for a great feed.

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited Tea House at Chinahouse after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. It's slightly more upmarket than some of the restaurants in China Town and this is reflected in the prices. However, it was worth the few dollars extra as the food was delicious and the service outstanding.

The restaurant was buzzing - busy and with a great atmosphere. I did very well with my choice of food - I started with the salt & pepper chicken ribs and they were delicious! I then ordered the eye fillet beef in Szechuan sauce. This was cooked perfectly! Rare and tender with a delectable sauce and a very generous helping. I loved this dish and would highly recommend it if you like eye fillet.

The staff had enough forethought to ask us if we were going to the theatre - which we were - to ensure that all our food came out in good time so there was no mad rush at the end. It was perfectly timed and we walked into the theatre with 10 minutes to spare.

I do recommend Tea House at Chinahouse. If you are looking for a quick meal then you're better off somewhere like Westlakes, but for a relaxed Chinese experience, go to this one!

• Visited April 2013