“Yummy Thai curries” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Bistro

Lemon Bistro
178-180 Little Bourke St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)
(03) 9663 3001
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,129 of 4,003 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighborhood: Melbourne CBD
Neighborhood: Melbourne CBD
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy Thai curries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Loved the Thai green Kangeroo curry and the Tofu and veg red curry, the satay roti was yum too.
We felt that this was a reasonably priced bistro compared to some other restaurants we vistited in melbourne and on both occasions that we dined here, we left feeling very satisfied.
The decor could do with some modernisation but it was clean and tidy and this is our main concern when eating out.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Geelong, Australia
“Overpriced and average dishes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

For the price, the serves we're incredibly small-especially the entrees. The peanut sauce that went with the tiny roti was bland and lacking any Thai zing. The mains were okay but nothing special. So many better restaurants in the CBD.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Simple but great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We walked in at 10 pm just grateful to be there! The food was lovely, the staff very pleasant and we really enjoyed the experience. We love hot spicy food and that is exactly what we got. We would not hesitate to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Confusing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant with a groupon voucher. The waitress was very polite although she barely spoke English. We found we had to repeat ourselves many times so that we could be understood. I ordered an orange soft drink with my meal as part of the deal instead of a wine. When the drinks came I was given an orange juice. I explained to the waitress that I asked for a soft drink not an orange juice. She took the drink back to the kitchen and came back with it saying her boss said that they cannot replace it with a soft drink as they will lose money. I felt sorry for the waitress as she looked very nervous and like she was in trouble, so my daughter offered to buy me a soft drink just to keep the peace. If it was up to me I would have taken that orange juice back to the stingy owner and demanded a soft drink but my daughter is not one for trouble. The tom yum soup was very tasty and filling and literally a meal in itself. Then came the entree of curry puffs, spring rolls and chicken satay skewers. The puffs and rolls were pretty ordinary but the chicken satay skewers were amazing. My daughter ordered a chicken satay with vegetables for the mains and it was just as amazing as the skewers. I ordered prawns with vegetables and was presented with a meal that was so salty it was INEDIBLE. I absolutely love salt but I could not possibly eat it. The amount of soy sauce used in the meal was absolutely ridiculous. I pushed the plate aside and not once was I asked why the food was not being consumed even though the waitress came to our table several times to collect plates and to ask us if we wanted more drinks. She took the plate with the whole meal on it and then came back to ask if we would like to order (and pay for) something else. What a cheek! By that time all I wanted to do was go home and drink a gallon of water. I ordered sago pudding with taro which would have been much nicer without the taro. My daughter ordered ice cream with basil which was ok but nothing special. All up I would go back to this restaurant and just order the chicken satay sewers and meal. I would be more vocal if something was not right. The restaurant had other lunchtime diners in it. Mainly groups of office workers out for a cheap meal. The restaurant did have some lunchtime meal offers posted on its front window which were reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a casual Thai restaurant in china town and was pleased to see the restaurant was full on a Wednesday night. Tried 3 different dishes, green chicken curry - we like it hotter but still very flavoursome, prawn pad Thai - have had more authentic but still lovely flavours. The roti bread with satay sauce was a little over microwaved on edges but still ok and a lovely flavour to sauce. It does appear to be run by Chinese for a Thai restaurant but we were still very happy with food. Meals weren't huge but prices were cheap and with 3 of us sharing an entree and main each there was food left over

• Visited August 2013