“I nice little find out in the suburbs” 4 of 5 stars

Forster Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3170, Australia
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,519 of 4,076 Restaurants in Melbourne
Yeppoon, Queensland
“I nice little find out in the suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

We had been busy all day long, and just wanted a place to grab a bite for the 8 of us. The lighting was soft and it was nice to be able to have an open view of the kitchen and the chiefs at work. The wine selection was basic, but covered off most peoples needs.

The menu was surprisingly interesting with your staples such as beef, chicken, fish of the day and pasta etc. The service was slow, but were also noted that person looking after us was new and we understand this. We were not in any rush, and were happy with our learner. She checked when asked a question about what type of fish it was, oily or not and she asked the chef rather then just saying that she did not know.

One person had the steak, which he said had lot of flavour, but was over cooked for a medium rare (but he still ate it). The pasta what huge! A basic Carbonara, but made fresh and could not be finished due to it size. A Thai flavoured fish was lovely, with a refreshing dressing that was very much enjoyed by the two people who had that. I had a roast pork meal - nothing to flash, but I will admit that the pasta next to me did have my attention.

Overall, a nice place, with surprisingly good food at a nice price. I would go back again when I am in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere