I booked this apartment as I was invited to an opening in Melbourne and wanted to be close to the theatre. As I went with a girlfriend, we went for the two bedroom, two bathroom apartment which was perfect - as females we love to claim the bathroom as our own! The living area and kitchen were a good size and there were two balconies which is a bonus - one from the living area and the other from one of the bedrooms. The bed was comfortable and the view amazing from the 19th floor.
The bonus is staff monitor reception 24/7 and they are so friendly. Loved Aida, Bhavin and Vishnu thank you for your excellent customer service and laughs!
Now there is a cafe downstairs where I had breakfast and it's reasonably priced too. A lovely friendly Asian lady served me and she went above the call of duty as I'm so fussy when it comes to my eggs, bacon and bread. The only downfall is the cafe is open during business hours and closes early, so by the time we got back from being out all day it was closing up. The only downfall is one of the guys who works there must leave his smile and friendly nature at home, as compared to the lovely Asian lady who served me at breakfast time. He had no idea about customer service and how a friendly smile goes a long way - and also brings back repeat business. Nevertheless, there's a bakery up the road that stays open a little later, and Chinatown is only a couple of minutes away around the corner on Exhibition Street.
Another BONUS is next door is a 711 that stocks groceries AND alcohol, but that shuts around 10pm. There's a bus right out the front that takes you down Lonsdale Street and the bus driver was so lovely he let us ride to Spencer Street for free as we were tourists thinking we could buy our ticket on the bus - but that wasn't the case. I love the location of this hotel and it's so reasonably priced.
We had a late flight out and they allowed us to leave our bags there while we went out for the day.
I will definitely stay there again as not only is it convenient, but the rooms are lovely and when staff are also friendly it makes your stay just that little more special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Lonsdale is located in one of Melbourne’s most sought after locations and offers ultra modern hotel rooms and apartments. Oaks on Lonsdale provides comfortable, contemporary studios and spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments all complete with fully equipped kitchens fitted with stainless steel appliances and reverse cycle air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Oaks on Lonsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Lonsdale Melbourne
- Oaks On Lonsdale Hotel Melbourne