We booked this accommodation via Trailfinders and it may have been due to this that we were given a one bedroom apartment upgrade from the studio apartment we had booked.
The hotel itself is in a good location near to the Exhibition Centre and Museum.
The trams are also at the top of Lonsdale Street which is only a short walk away. The free circle route trams are an excellent way of getting round the main parts of the city. There is also a great tourist bus (hop on/off type) which takes 90 minutes for the complete circle.
It was disappointing that it was an additional cost for wifi at the hotel.
There are a number of nice cafes and small restaurants nearby but they do all seem to close early as they appear to cater mainly for the local businesses and offices within their immediate vicinity ie breakfasts, lunches
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Lonsdale is located in one of Melbourne’s most sought after locations and offers ultra modern hotel rooms and apartments. Oaks on Lonsdale provides comfortable, contemporary studios and spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments all complete with fully equipped kitchens fitted with stainless steel appliances and reverse cycle air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Oaks on Lonsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Lonsdale Melbourne
- Oaks On Lonsdale Hotel Melbourne