My fiance and I stayed for two nights in a Studio room on the 24th floor.
- Handy location. You can't really go wrong in the Melbourne CBD. We chose to walk everywhere we needed to go - MCG 15 minutes, Bourke St mall 5-10 minutes, Melbourne Central shops 5 minutes, Etihad Stadium 25 minutes. There are also buses and taxis straight outside, and trams/trains only a few minutes walk
- Friendly and efficient check-in/checkout
- Comfortable, soft king bed
- Plenty of hot water in the shower, and good water pressure
- Good sturdy shower screen! Keeps all the water in the shower, not spilling out onto the bathroom floor
- Plenty of storage space in the bathroom for toiletries
- Room service menu looked delicious! (Although we didn't actually indulge in any)
- No problems with noise
- Nice clean bed linen
- Only two lifts, so you generally had to wait a while (not long though - never more than five minutes)
- No storage space in the room for luggage other than one small, fold-out luggage rack (and a wardrobe). Would have been handy to have a desk, lounge chair or something
- Found a few hairs on the towels
- Some mould in the bathroom, however only minor
- There was no bin in the room itself - just one tiny bin in the bathroom. Same with mirrors. (It's handy to have a bin and mirror out in the room, so that you've got access to them while the other person is using the bathroom)
- The hotel is a little tardy in removing the $150 charge from my credit card - three business days later and it's still sitting there
Overall this was an enjoyable stay. As you can see from the "bad" points listed (which are all pretty minor), we didn't have any major problems. Not 5-star luxury, but good, clean, comfortable and safe accommodation. We would be happy to stay again!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for taking the time to detail both your positive and negative feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Oaks Lonsdale. I am pleased to see you found your stay to be predominantly enjoyable and the facilites comfortable.
Report response as inappropriate
There are certainly some items to tend to that you have raised and it seems as though you stayed in one of our more compact studios. For a minimal more per night spent, a 1 Bedroom apartment will provide you with over 50% more floor space along with a desk. Please keep this in mind when next booking with us.
I have taken note of the housekeeping issues and I thank you for making us aware for action.
With regards to the credit card preauthorisation, this is an automated process between our merchant bank and your card issuer which can take up to 5 business days and if it has not happened to date then please contact us urgently so that we may assist you further.
I hope we have the pleaseure of welcoming you back to the property in the near furture and thank you for your comments.
Regards, Hotel Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.