“Great spot in CBD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks on Lonsdale

You added Oaks on Lonsdale to your Saves list
Oaks on Lonsdale
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23 -33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer and Save!
Ranked #79 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Queensland
“Great spot in CBD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The Oaks is far enough out of main CBD and quite. We stayed in the one bedroom, self contained unit on the 29th floor, complete with balcony and great views city, Parliament House and stadium for $200 per night. The rooms are modern, staff are friendly and eager to help, which is hard to find these days, well done. Restaurants, bottle shop, convenience stores and trains are close by. Would have no hesitations in recommending and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I truly appreciate your great feedback and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the great views from your balcony on the 29th floor.

Our staff are always willing to go out of there way to ensure that your stay with us is both pleasant and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks on Lonsdale again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Loved this place, very convenient for china town and at the right side of town to walk to the tennis and cricket. Very friendly staff (Tracy rocks!) and our room was very quiet. Would stay here again. Felt at home here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am truly delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be in a great location for your visit to Melbourne.

It is pleasing to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and that you thought Tracy deserved a special mention.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks on Lonsdale again in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Loved up to other reviews. Efficiently run and appointed for serviced apartments. Excellent service when required. Well located within CBD with walking distance to most central places. Good choice for Australian Open accommodation.

• Stayed January 2013
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am delighted to hear that the service you received lived up to your expectations.

The hotel is well located to many of Melbourne’s main attractions, including Rod Laver Arena and Melbourne Park.

I am glad that your found the location well suited to your travel needs.

Well certainly look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

It has been a wonderful trip and the hotel has a lot to do with it! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is clean and the cleaning is done well each day of my stay. There is a kitchenette for light cooking so you don't need to have big meals the whole day. The location is just on the outskirts of the busy areas so a short 5 minute walk takes you to the shopping areas. I would recommend the one bedroom apartment for two persons who want to have visitors or a small family. Spacious yet cosy.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartment is really comfortable for 2 or more.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am glad to hear that the service you experienced at the hotel has made your trip to Melbourne a memorable one.

Many thanks for your kind feedback regarding our housekeeping team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a two bed apartment at the back/side of the building. The apartment was a good size for a two bedroom. It was really clean, bright and fresh.. It had a decent sized verandah with great city views over the MCG. Beds were really comfortable and the apartment was well equipped. The position for us was excellent-about a 5-10 minute walk to Bourke Street Mall-so close enough to all the great shopping and restaurants but far enough away so that we didn't hear all the busy street noise at night.

Two things to note, these apartments do not have a pool or a gym within the complex. However, there were gym facilities available close by.

• Stayed January 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the stunning views of Melbourne CBD from the comfort of your apartment and that you found your room to be both clean and spacious.

I am pleased to read that the location of the hotel was perfectly suited for your travels and that you were able to enjoy many of Melbourne’s shopping and dining delights.

Brisbane Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We won't be back! For a start the carpark is a nightmare. It is so small that it's only one way and if another car comes along somebody has to reverse back. There were scrapes along the walls. We had a family sized car and it was just awful to park in the building. I drove back to our hotel late at night a couple of times and resorted to parking on the street rather than going into that car park. Even my husband who considers himself a skilled driver hated the car park.

The housekeeping leaves something to be desired. After our first night we had a DND sign on our door and housekeeping left a card under the door asking that we call reception by 2pm. I called reception at 1pm and requested that the room be made up. We returned from an afternoon out and the room hadn't been made up. I called reception and the guy on the front desk came up and took our rubbish and brought us fresh towels. But when housekeeping did turn up the service wasn't great. The beds in the kids room weren't touched at all a couple of times and another day a bag of breakfast rubbish wasn't removed from the room.

We arrived home today and I have a terrible itch behind my ear. I googled bed bug bites and sure enough it looks like I have bed bug bites. In all the hotels I've ever stayed in I got bitten by bed bugs! I have stayed in backpackers and not been bitten but for what we paid for the room I'd expect more!!!!

About the only thing this place has going for it is the size of the rooms (we had a 2 bedroom apartment) and the location. We have stayed at Citadines on Bourke previously and I wish that we'd just gone back there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
It is very disappointing to read your comments regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I can assure you that your apartment has been independently examined by a professional pest control contractor who has advised that the apartment is completely free of any pests including bed bugs. Documentation of the examination can be provided to you by contacting me directly on hmlonsdale@theoaksgroup.com.au.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our on-site car park. In light of your comments I can advise that we have recently installed convex mirrors on all car park floors to ensure guests safety and ease of access.

I will be passing you comments on to our Housekeeping Manager regarding the cleanliness of your apartment.

I trust that we have reassured you that your comments have been fully investigated and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel during my Christmas vacation in Melbourne and it was wonderful. The room and living area were very very spacious,clean and well maintained. It also has a balcony and complete kitchen.The location is excellent as it is located near the public transport, restaurants and Chinatown. Location is also perfect for city shopping. Widely known shopping centers and brand stores were all within walking distance. Excellent service from the hotel staff as well. Very accommodating and helpful. You must stay here if you want good service, room comfort and central to everything. I will definitely stay in Oaks again the next time i come back to Melbourne and would highly recommend this to everyone :)

• Stayed December 2012
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy a wonderful Christmas vacation at our property.

It is great to read your comments regarding the spaciousness and cleanliness of your apartment and that you found the service from our staff to be excellent.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks on Lonsdale again in the near future.

On behalf of the team at Oaks on Lonsdale we wish you a safe and happy New Year.

Been to Oaks on Lonsdale? Share your experiences!