Best hotel stay -- ever.
Location is amazing. Walking distance to most locations in north east Melbourne CBD. Parliament train station and a tram stop is right around the corner. The hotel is located right next to an mini IGA supermarket where you can buy all the essentials and more. And there is a nice little cafe right next door with affordable (and delicious) coffee and breakfast to start your day.
I stayed in a two bedroom apartment and it was beautiful and modern. The bathrooms and bedrooms were clean and very well designed. One of the bedrooms has an ensuite with twin basins, shower, and toilet. The room also has its own LCD television and a balcony. I asked for each room to have a large bed each (rather than two single beds in one) and I was provided this, however the second room was just two single beds joined together and there was a bed seam running down the middle which was mildly annoying. Didn't mind it too much and it was understandable that they wouldn't want to be moving king size beds around the hotel.
The desk staff were good. However they could smile a bit more :) The lady who served me initially was superb and went out of her way to see if our room was ready even though we were there two hours before official check in. The lady on the other computer was scowling at something and didn't seem to happy with something. We got to enter our room at this earlier time (just after 12:00pm) and got ready to start our day a few hours earlier!
On the initial reservation I asked for the highest floor possible and boy did I get it. We stayed on the highest livable floor (level 28) and the view was amazing. We could see Port Melbourne from our vantage spot, the MCG/Rod Laver, Parliament House, Crown Casino, and so much of Melbourne!
This was my first trip to Melbourne and staying at this superb hotel made it so much more enjoyable. The place was so nice I even purposely spent one afternoon inside simply to relax and enjoy the sites of Melbourne from my balcony :)
Check out was also good. The gentlement who helped us was very nice and helpful. We also asked if our bags could be kept safely in the lobby so we could browse Melbourne in the morning before leaving for the airport (official checkout is 10am) and they even had a little keycard secured room dedicated for leaving bags and there were so many in there obviously most were taking advantage of this. So don't be too afraid if you arrive early or have to leave late. Just ask to keep your bags and they'll do it! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Lonsdale is located in one of Melbourne’s most sought after locations and offers ultra modern hotel rooms and apartments. Oaks on Lonsdale provides comfortable, contemporary studios and spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments all complete with fully equipped kitchens fitted with stainless steel appliances and reverse cycle air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oaks on Lonsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Lonsdale Melbourne
- Oaks On Lonsdale Hotel Melbourne