“Position and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks on Lonsdale

You added Oaks on Lonsdale to your Saves list
Oaks on Lonsdale
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23 -33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct & Save 10%
Ranked #79 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Northern NSW
“Position and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

My husband and I spend three delightful nights at the Oaks on Lonsdale. We have stayed in a number of Melbourne apartments over the years and we found the Oaks on Lonsdale to be the best. VERY quiet and we were on the 6th floor ( so not terribly high) but we heard no traffic noise at all.We asked about pillows which were not so high and immediately we were given low pillows. For convenience the Parliament underground is only metres away and the circle tram the same. Parks nearby and shops very close. Altogether top parks to the Oaks!

• Liked — Position and comfort of apartment
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment at Oaks on Lonsdale for 5 nights and found the apartment excellent. As the apartment only opened last year the apartment was very clean and very modern. The kitchen was fully equipped with a stainless steel fridge, oven, stove, dishwasher, kettle, toaster and had all the necessary cooking/eating utensils. I loved the timber flooring, sofa, coffee table, lounge, plasma, our balcony and outdoor setting and the bedroom was spacious with a nice comfy bed (and PLENTY of pillows). The bedroom also had a small plasma mounted on the wall and inside the wardrobe was also an ironing board and iron. The bathroom was also spacious and had an inbuilt laundry with a washer/dryer (which we did struggle to operate as instructions were not too clear).

I cannot think of anything that I disliked about my stay here except for the fact there was no shower curtain which meant that I had to be careful I did not turn the tap on too much during my shower else I found that the floor of the bathroom ended up in a puddle. I also had a minor incident with the hairdryer as when I plugged it into the power socket it ended up in smoke immediately and I feared this would set off the fire alarm. We called reception and within 5-10 minutes a replacement hairdryer was brought to our room.

The room cleaning service was also great as we came back each day to a neatly made bed. Reception was also helpful as often we'd seek their assistance in calling a taxi to go to certain locations.

• Liked — Living area
  • Disliked — No shower curtains
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Oaks on Lonsdale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oaks on Lonsdale

Address: 23 -33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
Location: Australia > Victoria > Melbourne
Business Center with Internet Access Kitchenette
#43 Family Hotel in Melbourne
#72 Luxury Hotel in Melbourne
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Oaks on Lonsdale 4.5*
Oaks on Lonsdale is located in one of Melbourne’s most sought after locations and offers ultra modern hotel rooms and apartments. Oaks on Lonsdale provides comfortable, contemporary studios and spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments all complete with fully equipped kitchens fitted with stainless steel appliances and reverse cycle air-conditioning. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Oaks on Lonsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Oaks On Lonsdale Melbourne
Oaks On Lonsdale Hotel Melbourne

If you own or manage Oaks on Lonsdale, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.