“Wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Vue

Bistro Vue
430 Little Collins st, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)
03 9691 3838
Neighborhood: Melbourne CBD
Shepparton, Australia
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had the six course menu, we told the waiter to surprise us and we were not disappointed.
Oysters followed by a sublime steak tartare. The wild mushroom and black truffle risotto was earthy, pungent and delicious for third course and was followed up by a raspberry sorbet to cleanse the palate before the main which was a beautifully rare, butter soft chateaubriand. Dessert was a lovely raspberry eclair and then a very generous serve of petit fours completed a very nice dinner.
I have paid a lot more for a lot less!!.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hong Kong, China
“Cozy bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very cozy, nicely decorated with extremely friendly staff - they keep smiling all the time!!
My hubby and I had oysters, a salad, a seafood pasta, a steak, and a choco soufflé. Food was good but not superb - I wasn't disappointed but I did not w-o-w as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Met expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

After reading so many glowing reviews, I had prepared myself to be mildly disappointed- I wasn't.
Ordered the grass fed steak... I wonder if they'll give me a steak knife at some point I thought as I stared down at the butter knife I had in front of me...wow, no need, the butter knife melted thru my perfect medium rare steak... The chips were amazing, the butter beans, perfect....the tartin we ordered for dessert was something I'll remember always as being the best I've ever had, even in France... And I never thought that would happen.
The service was young, sweet but not very experienced and the place itself, huge and somewhat manufactured, it's not intimate at all but it's food is what this place is about and quite frankly the most memorable meal I've had in some time. I'll be a regular for the tartin, absolutely.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“The best food in the Melbourne City Centre!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

After finding Bistro Vue by accident, we were not prepared for the impeccable service and gorgeous food. We had the French Onion soup as our starter and we were delighted by the authentic flavours I had only since experienced in Europe. The Veal Milanese was outstanding and the Creme Brule; to die for
The meals were gorgeous and the experience was one to remember!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Just very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

It does Bistrot well. Food is excellent as is service, menu, ambience. Decor is a bit "try-hard". This was the most recent of a number of visits over a number of years - it has never disappointed.

Visited April 2014