“Not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Vue

Bistro Vue
430 Little Collins st, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)
03 9691 3838
Neighborhood: Melbourne CBD
Brisbane, Australia
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

When I was in Melbourne for a conference recently I visited Bistro Vue for dinner twice in 3 days. On the first occasion I was with 2 colleagues and the second time on my own. When I arrived alone reading material had been thoughtfully placed on my table. This exemplifies the level of service that you can expect here - professional and attentive. I can only endorse what the other reviewers have said. On my first visit, we all had the duck for main course and the creme brulee, souffle and snickers bar for dessert. For my second dinner I chose the plat du jour, which was the pied du cochon and included a salad and glass of wine for $32 - excellent value! Don't be put off by the pig's trotter as it's filled with a fabulous chicken mousseline and makes an excellent light main course. This is essential if you are considering having a dessert here. The apple tarte tatin is scrumptious, but huge. It could easily be shared, but if dining alone then one must do it justice and eat slowly until it is all consumed! Booking is essential at this popular venue. You should definitely include a visit to this fabulous bistro in your Melbourne itinerary.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
“Great food,great service,great atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We went here on our honeymoon, food was amazing especially the sirloin and desserts! 'Snickers bar' is a must. Service was fantastic, they go that extra mile to make us feel special. The best part was to be able to watch the chef do his thing in the kitchen!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“A amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went for a 21st dinner. The champagne was French yum. The Sydney oysters were fresh, the duck was exquisite, the fish was excellent, the veal was great. The soufflé was Amazing that my husband forgot to share. I had the chocolate biscuit preparation very special and the surprise when you crack the 2cm tall biscuit. Service was excellent.

“Best lamb I think Ive ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Has a business lunch at Bistro Vue recently. Ive been a couple of times before, and this time decided to have the special rotisserie which was lamb. The lamb was clearly glazed. When bought to the table, it was like a large lump of meat, but after the first bite, I just couldn't get enough - it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne
“Slow cooked wagyu offcut & Tarte Tatin a must try here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ambience – 2/3 – This upscale bistro was the former VDM. The bistro i s divided into different areas, some more private than the others, we had a lovely corner spot away from the largest dining section.
Service 3/5 - No issues with the service we received, everyone from the lady at the reception to all the waiters and waitresses were all friendly and knowledgeable.
Food - 7.5/10 – We ordered the 6 course chef's degustation menu. Which started with 3 entrees, there was the Garlic snails, the Citrus cured mackerel and Acquerello mushroom risotto, with a 3 slivers of truffle(that really bought out the flavour the dish) all of the three were extremely well prepared dishes, though i was partial to the risotto while the better half preferred the mackerel. This was followed by a palate cleanser, and the then followed by a Slow cooked secondary cut Wagyu with a 9+ marble score, this was an absolute standout dish for both of us on the night. The dessert they offered us something(don't remember), we were there to try the very popular Tarte Tatin and boy that didn't disappoint.
Visit Again 1/2 - Certainly not a cheap 'bistro', I reckon its riding on the laurels of its flagship restaurant VDM, so overall its a bit on expensive side for what you get.
Total Damage (incl drinks) - 145pp (we didn't drink any wine on the night, though a brief perusal of the wine menu, it would have easily added another $100 to our bill)
13.5/20