“Wonderful Italian dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Australian in New York
“Wonderful Italian dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been here twice in the past month and I don't even live in Melbourne. Once because it was recommended and the second time because we stumbled across it whilst waiting to be called from another restaurant. When I walked in the second time I was greeted by the manger who although couldn't immediately place me, knew I had eaten there before recently. Thats how good the service is. If you want wonderful home cooked Italian, great atmosphere, great food, then this is the place. I recommend you try the meatballs!

90% Recommend
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Part of Italy's soul resides on 113 Collins street!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

After a recent visit to this unique and delightful restaurant, I have nothing to offer but praise and reccomendations. My taste buds were in awe over the beautiful combination of Italian flavours. Their menu is a delight and true to authentic Italian cuisine. The portion sizes are very generous and leave you feeling satisfied after a perfect meal. The service was exceptional, I could not fault it at all! They are lovely waitresses who make you feel comfortable as soon as you enter through the door. Overall, Il Solito Posto not only provides a splendid and enriching eating experience, it also provides an environment where the heart of Italy and its love for food has been captured.

Victoria AUST
“Informed and attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked at least one week ahead, we were shown to a lovely table in the bowels of the restaurant. Food was fabulous, just had to for the rabbit, the price very reasonable considering the quality and quantity of the meal but the standout was the informed, friendly, courteous and attentive staff. It was great to be able to have a bit of a chat rather than just concentrate on the meal. We hadn't been here for a number of years and it has just got better. We certainly won't leave it as long next time. Great night out.

Visited September 2013
perth
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited Il Solito Posto on a busy Friday night. We walked in not having a booking and were seated straight away. Although the restaurant was extremely busy, the staff were very attentive and their customer service was excellent. The food was brought out promptly and was delicious. I will definitely visit Il Solito Posto next time I visit Melbourne!

london
“Late meal at Il Solito Posto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived at Il Solito Posto quite late, after having gone on the Little Penguin bus to Philip Island, just before their kitchen was about to shut. The staff got our order in quickly to make sure we didn't go hungry. We ordered a starter to share, a main meal each and a pudding each and each course was delicious. The quirky decor and low lighting created a very relaxing ambiance and the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable when quizzed about various dishes on the menu. An excellent space for a scrumptious Italian meal (and the wine list is not bad either).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere