“Naturally Rich Chocolates!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Koko Black

Koko Black
52 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)
03 9663 5567
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 4,031 Restaurants in Melbourne
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Neighborhood: Melbourne CBD
Description: Lovers of chocolate indulge your cravings, savour our handmade chocolates and meander amongst our range of nibbles at the 'Paris End' of Collins St salon.
Singapore, Singapore
“Naturally Rich Chocolates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I always thought myself of a purveyor of tasty chocolates (artisan chocs included), but boy was I wrong - the chocolates served here were of the very organic & natural kind, kinds which I wasn't really used to. If you're coming here expecting to taste chocolates commonly found in most eateries and supermarkets, you're going to be in for a surprise!

The chocolates here were very much of the darker variety - me and my friends had a taster platter and a raspberry chocolate drink of sorts - these tasted rich, but not in the sugary sense. I almost felt healthy after! heh.

There are 3 seating areas - a 2nd-story area, an al-fresco dining area outside on the first floor, and a normal dining area in the inside of the first floor. Go for the al-fresco option if you're here to people watch, but if you're there to enjoy a cosy evening in close quarters, go for the 2nd floor option! :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, WA
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were catching up with a friend and arrived very early taking up a window seat. The waitress was very polite and kept filling our water whilst we waited.

I ordered a tasting plate that has chocolate mousse (to die for), chocolate ice cream, two chocolates, a brownie (too rich) and 2 Florentines. It was absolutely delicious. I am glad I had tea though otherwise I think it may have been too much chocolate.

For the 3 of us it was $42

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“A chocolate lovers delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a great addition to Melbourne's chocolate lovers options. Koko black offers a great selection of hot chocolates, chocolate cocktails, as well as chocolate lunches such as fruit, waffles and cakes. There is also a great selection of chocolates for sales, with special chocolate themed treats offered throughout the year. Perfect stop over while walking Melbourne, or to take a special someone.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“CHOCOLATE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ughh, what is NOT to like about Koko Black? Great service, delicious chocolates, huge range, cosy atmosphere. I love coming here, and it never gets old. Their chocolate covered nuts are to die for. I can't go into Melbourne without either taking home a little treat or sitting in for a delicious rich Belgian mousse, teamed with a hot steamy earl grey tea. mmm!

Visited May 2013
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have yet to find another place that can match the hot chocolate made by Koko Black. It is amazing. They also make a lovely tea, if you are fussy about tea like I am this place will please you.

Visited May 2013