I booked a girls weekend away to Melbourne as a surprise for my mum's Birthday. We stayed Friday and left Monday. It was sort of a last minute idea so I couldn't opt for a more pricey apartment but still wanted to stay somewhere nice & a good location. There were 4 of us and I chose the 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment with a city view. We were given a room on the 10th floor.
- Location is FANTASIC! Less than 5 minute walk to the Casino and 10 minute walk to the Yarra where all the restaurants and shops are. Without realizing we we there over Chinese New Year and there were markets, food & entertainment right down the Promenade for the whole weekend! Also the city is not far at all, just a tram ride away - maybe 15 minute walk.
The aquarium is also a 10 minute walk away!
- Although we weren't on the highest floor in the building, the view we had from our roon was amazing! Especially at night time. Definitely recommend a city view apartment.
- Apartment had working air conditioning
- The kitchen was reasonable with gas stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and all other utensils.
- We had trouble when we first checked using the key, it would not work in the lift and we had a to get it changed twice.
- Our apartment was so small for 4 adults. Only one couch in the living area. Really cramped to sit 3 people together, and I often had to sit on the floor.. which I didn't mind since I was the youngest. But I think adding another sofa, even a 1 seater would have made our stay a little more comfy.
- We had 4 single beds, 1 bedroom off the lounge area only had a sliding door separating the rooms. This room did have most of the natural light coming from the main window which was nice.
- This bedroom was also attached to the bathroom/toilet (sliding door again which did not even close or lock properly). And another door from the dining/lounge.
- The second bedroom had a tiny window in the corner which let hardly any natural light in because it was enclosed by surrounding walls. This room was so dark and stuffy.
- The shower had no door.
- And the traffic noise, TERRIBLE if you're a light sleeper. It sounded like we were on the first floor to be honest.
- Attention to detail was poor, scuff marks on the walls and poor paint job. Also finger prints left from previous people.
- The laundry is literally a closet with a washing machine and dryer stacked on top of each other and an iron and ironing board squeezed in.
I booked this room straight through the Plum website. And when I put my credit card details in to pay for the room it had said I'd paid the deposit blah blah, I got a statement in an email. But when we got there reception said the FULL amount was due.. apparently they don't physically take the funds even though the email they send SAYS deposit paid. This really annoyed me, it should be more clear that it's not really a deposit. Lucky I had enough funds on me to cover the full $700*. So be aware that when you pay the 'deposit', it doesn't actually take the funds you still have to pay in full on arrival! If I'd known I wouldn't have been so annoyed by it.
Overall we had a good weekend due to the location and how close we were to everything. The apartment wasn't BAD, but it could have been better.
Probably won't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Melbourne's Southbank precinct, across the road from Crown Casino and within 3 mins walking distance of Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre, Aria Serviced Apartments feature 1, 2 and 3 bedroom boutique apartments in an excellent location with FREE WIFI. All apartments are fully self-contained and equipped with oven, microwave, gas cook top, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Added features include 24 hour Front Desk /Reception, Breakfast Vouchers, Room Service. Pool and gym access, car parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Aria Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Hotel Melbourne
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Melbourne