There are some great things going on here, like the location, but overall I cant say that I'm excited.
Great view from the 37th floor, but cold and uninviting place. The hall is white on white and not at all welcoming, you are grateful for the light colours, as there is no lighting! An energy saving thing, but when the elevator door opens, it is completely dark save for the glow of the emergency exit. Sometimes we got all the way to our door before the sensor turned the lights on! A bit scary when I came home alone.
The apartment was modern and clean, but again lacked any feeling, with no decorations and no storage. Our suitcases were open on the floor and I had to keep my toiletries in my bag. Anything you needed had to balance on the side of the bathroom sink. Not really a one bedroom either, but a studio with glass sliding door to the bed.
Air conditioner didn't work, washing machine didn't work! No window to open, so we got really hot and stuffy, even in moderate weather. Hard to sleep when hot and sweaty! We requested single beds, which were never delivered, as Housekeeping were supposed to unzip the bed. Had our car parking fee refunded for our trouble, which is ok.
The carpark is another thing…not for the faint hearted. It is a corkscrew, where the front of your car meets the wall on the right before your boot leaves the wall on the left. And its two way!! If you are not confident driving this is not for you.
Would I stay again?…not sure. Location is very convenient for Southbank, South Melb and the city, hop on the tram right at the door, McDonalds and 7/11 only 50 metres. Unfortunately, for each thing that went right, something was wrong, so not a great situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Melbourne's Southbank precinct, across the road from Crown Casino and within 3 mins walking distance of Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre, Aria Serviced Apartments feature 1, 2 and 3 bedroom boutique apartments in an excellent location with FREE WIFI. All apartments are fully self-contained and equipped with oven, microwave, gas cook top, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Added features include 24 hour Front Desk /Reception, Breakfast Vouchers, Room Service. Pool and gym access, car parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Aria Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Hotel Melbourne
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Melbourne