“Good location. Nice self contained apartment, but getting tired. Parking tight.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank

Save Saved
You added Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank to your Saves list
Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank
285 City Road | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Ranked #98 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had two nights at Plum apartments. 14th floor overlooking freeway.
Windows are double glazed and room was quiet.
Reception staff could not be more helpful about all enquiries. well done!

Tricky to get to off the main road. turn in before McDonalds and come in the back way if you can find it.
Crown Casino is about 500m away, easy walking. Plenty of taxis at front door within minutes. Staff will call one no charge.
No free WiFi. McDonalds is 50 meters away 24 hours.
Parking $12 / day is reasonable.Car park has 3 down stairs spots for 4 wheel drives. The up / down ramp is tight and one way.For a couple it was quite spacious.
Has all you will need in an apartment. hair dryer, washing machine, dryer, iron & board, full kitchen, coffee making, milk, etc
Rooms are comfortable but a bit knocked about.
Yes, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here four times and will keep returning when I have need to visit the Southbank end if Melbourne. The apartments are roomy, clean and have all the things you need to be a bit more self sufficient than you can be in a hotel. The city side rooms are a little noisy on Friday and Saturday nights but this is only an issue for light sleepers. I'd definitely recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked 2 seperate 1 bedroom apartments. 1 for myself and my partner, 1 for our friend travelling from interstate. On arrival our friends room was unavailable due to maintanence issues! why we couldnt be told this before we arrived at PLum i'm not sure, her only options were a refund or be moved to another apartment building across town.

We went up to our room to find we had no toilet paper, no towels and filthy black marks down the walls, stains on the bedside tables from where drinks had been spilt. The TV reception was poor, which was due to interference from the modem for the wireless internet we were told. After unplugging the modem (meaning we couldnt use the wireless internet) tv reception improved for about an hour before dropping out completely. After we complained about this 3 or 4 times it was finally fixed on the last night of our stay after not having television for 2 whole days.

Our queen sized bed was 2 single beds pushed together, which meant everytime me or my partner rolled over we fell down the gap between the two beds.
Very poor service, value for money and definately wont be staying here again.

Was definately not worth the $300 for 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Two families booked two, 2 bedroom suits next to each other (on the same floor) as our children wanted to be close together. Arrived and told that our apartments were NOT on the same floor, they were actually in two completely different buildings!!!! This is despite the fact that I confirmed with the telephone booking staff twice that we were staying in adjacent rooms. Reception staff were unable to help - also seemed blaze / apothethic about the situation and we did not receive an apology nor an explanation. The car parking is a joke - tiny driveway with a ramp so tight and skinny that they have installed traffic lights as two cars cannot pass at the same time. Do not bother to pay for a park unless you drive a mini and even then you will stuggle. The staff did not ask what kind of car we have or mention that large car parking spaces were available on the ground floor - we found this by accident. Location was pretty good, however with so many other apartments on offer in the area - do not waste your time with PLUM!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a 1 bed city view apartment for 4 nights.
The apartment was fairly spacious and comfortable.
Because of Melbourne's freezing temperatures in winter, I did not make use of the balcony it comes with.
It is a self contained apartment and has everything you need including washer, and dryer.

The only negative things about the apartment were no water jug in the fridge, no can opener, no mugs only small tea cups, and the glass on the bath to prevent water getting on the floor made you get wet when turning the shower on.
The bed was pretty hard and I didn't find a mattress topper in the wardrobe, so I slept on top of the bed with a blanket and doona over me.

Aside from these small things, it was great for what I needed and I would stay again.

Otherwise I

• Stayed August 2013
new zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment at the Plum apartments. On check in I was told that my apartment was next door in The Bank Apartments, no explanation was given as to why. The apartment did not have a separate bedroom, the bedroom had to be closed off with sliding doors, when these were closed you could not get out of the lounge as the access was now blocked by the table and chairs. These apartments are older than the Plum apartments no double glazing and noisy with traffic noise. They were clean but tired. The web site makes no mention that you could be in the next door building, there is a gym and pool but it could not be used by tempory guests. Sorry but I was not impressed, and with the number of apartments available I doubt if I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment (#63) recently to attend a wedding in Melbourne. The apartment was everything I expected and more, excellent location, close to the city, Crown Casino etc. Extreme good value for money, very clean, reeption staff were very helpful, thoroughly recommend Plum Apartments. Noise was not an issue (previous reviews have stated that it was). Very happy with our choice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank? Share your experiences!