“Spacious, modern and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aria Serviced Apartments

You added Aria Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Aria Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   285 City Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Formerly Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank) (Southbank)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #108 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Auckland
“Spacious, modern and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here four times and will keep returning when I have need to visit the Southbank end if Melbourne. The apartments are roomy, clean and have all the things you need to be a bit more self sufficient than you can be in a hotel. The city side rooms are a little noisy on Friday and Saturday nights but this is only an issue for light sleepers. I'd definitely recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked 2 seperate 1 bedroom apartments. 1 for myself and my partner, 1 for our friend travelling from interstate. On arrival our friends room was unavailable due to maintanence issues! why we couldnt be told this before we arrived at PLum i'm not sure, her only options were a refund or be moved to another apartment building across town.

We went up to our room to find we had no toilet paper, no towels and filthy black marks down the walls, stains on the bedside tables from where drinks had been spilt. The TV reception was poor, which was due to interference from the modem for the wireless internet we were told. After unplugging the modem (meaning we couldnt use the wireless internet) tv reception improved for about an hour before dropping out completely. After we complained about this 3 or 4 times it was finally fixed on the last night of our stay after not having television for 2 whole days.

Our queen sized bed was 2 single beds pushed together, which meant everytime me or my partner rolled over we fell down the gap between the two beds.
Very poor service, value for money and definately wont be staying here again.

Was definately not worth the $300 for 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Two families booked two, 2 bedroom suits next to each other (on the same floor) as our children wanted to be close together. Arrived and told that our apartments were NOT on the same floor, they were actually in two completely different buildings!!!! This is despite the fact that I confirmed with the telephone booking staff twice that we were staying in adjacent rooms. Reception staff were unable to help - also seemed blaze / apothethic about the situation and we did not receive an apology nor an explanation. The car parking is a joke - tiny driveway with a ramp so tight and skinny that they have installed traffic lights as two cars cannot pass at the same time. Do not bother to pay for a park unless you drive a mini and even then you will stuggle. The staff did not ask what kind of car we have or mention that large car parking spaces were available on the ground floor - we found this by accident. Location was pretty good, however with so many other apartments on offer in the area - do not waste your time with PLUM!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a 1 bed city view apartment for 4 nights.
The apartment was fairly spacious and comfortable.
Because of Melbourne's freezing temperatures in winter, I did not make use of the balcony it comes with.
It is a self contained apartment and has everything you need including washer, and dryer.

The only negative things about the apartment were no water jug in the fridge, no can opener, no mugs only small tea cups, and the glass on the bath to prevent water getting on the floor made you get wet when turning the shower on.
The bed was pretty hard and I didn't find a mattress topper in the wardrobe, so I slept on top of the bed with a blanket and doona over me.

Aside from these small things, it was great for what I needed and I would stay again.

Otherwise I

• Stayed August 2013
new zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment at the Plum apartments. On check in I was told that my apartment was next door in The Bank Apartments, no explanation was given as to why. The apartment did not have a separate bedroom, the bedroom had to be closed off with sliding doors, when these were closed you could not get out of the lounge as the access was now blocked by the table and chairs. These apartments are older than the Plum apartments no double glazing and noisy with traffic noise. They were clean but tired. The web site makes no mention that you could be in the next door building, there is a gym and pool but it could not be used by tempory guests. Sorry but I was not impressed, and with the number of apartments available I doubt if I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment (#63) recently to attend a wedding in Melbourne. The apartment was everything I expected and more, excellent location, close to the city, Crown Casino etc. Extreme good value for money, very clean, reeption staff were very helpful, thoroughly recommend Plum Apartments. Noise was not an issue (previous reviews have stated that it was). Very happy with our choice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Albury, NSW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

3 x couples stayed here (room 3305) to see a concert at Rod Laver in July 2013, so we booked a 3 bedroom penthouse and were quite happy with how large the apartment was.

The location of this place is fantastic! There is a 24hr Mcdonalds across the rd, there is a tram stop 30m from the door, and Crown casino is a 3min walk North towards the city. So everything is very convenient!

There are a few downsides... this room was empty!!!! I mean we booked 3 double beds, so you can assume we had 6 people staying, and this room has ONE couch capable of holding 3 small people or two blokes. Along with this is a very uncomfortable swivel chair and that is it! Where are the other 2-4 people meant to sit? At the kitchen table? That wouldnt be very good if you were to sit for a movie or something. Also the couch I am talking about is a Sofa bed, so potentially this apartment can hold 8 adults, with no seating!!!

Also the apartment wasnt stocked in the kitchen, it didnt have enough plates, cups, wine glasses, cutlery etc for 8 people, so we ended up drinking wine from normal cups, it was just an easy thing to overcome, and im not sure why they dont have them.

The view was absolutely amazing, we could see the flames from Crown Casino, a great view of the city, and view of south melbourne.

With the windows open the noise from the highway below was quite noticable, but with windows shut the noise was less than a very dull hum.

The bathrooms (2x) and the toilet (3x) were more than enough, and very clean/tidy.

I would most definately stay here again, but at least I would know what to expect. I was a little disappointed with the room, but the location and view really made up for it.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view!!!