“Words cannot describe!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #173 of 3,967 restaurants in Melbourne
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: George Calombaris' flagship Melbourne restaurant for MAdE Establishment has cemented itself on the global dining scene with its unique Modern Greek cuisine.In October 2006, the four directors joined together to form The Press Club Group, and opened their first venue, The Press Club Restaurant and Bar. This began a new era for George Calombaris and cemented his place as a culinary star for his Modern Greek Cuisine - never seen before Melbourne; where modern twists to traditional Greek cuisine has put this restaurant on the global map and has diner’s wanting more.The Press Club seats 90 guests and also offers a large, completely private dining room for up to 30 guests. This space can be split into two smaller rooms for groups of up to 18 and 10 guests. The open kitchen brings an element of drama to the contemporary dining room, and professional service staff, complete the winning combination.
“Words cannot describe!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

From start to finish, this was an experience like no other!!!!

From the moment we walked thru the door untill we left, we were treated like royalty!!! My son was graciously accepted as my host for the evening and the staff treated him accordingly, which usually doesn't happen in a restaurant on this calibre. He loved being treated like a "grown-up gentleman" although he is 16, he has Aspergers but the staff did not allow his oddities to affect their wonderful conduct and service toward him.

The food was divine and the service spectacular!!! Could not have asked for anything more!!!

One of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Food was very ghood but for the price service was very average. the woman serviing wine for the degustation talked over the guy who was describing the food. Very slow service for pre dinner drinks which were then all worng when they finally arrived

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went for the degustation, and was amazed at the flavours they created. One of the standout dishes was the 7 ways with artichoke and then the slow cooked lamb. Would highly recommend.

Visited June 2012
Perth, Australia
“Something Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were travelling to Melbourne for a short break and had basically reserved a table for dinner two weeks ahead of schedule. Needless to say, we had great expectations and are pleased that our experience was a memorable one! Excellent food, brilliant service! We had the 8 course tasting experience and the table service was extremely good. The staff were very polite and asked us if we had any specific dietary requirements or did not like something. I mentioned that I was not a fan of asparagus and she promptly gave me another option which was very good. The lady was explaining what was in the food and how it was made which made it a memorable experience. Staff would very promptly replace the cutlery after each course, clear the table and would top up our beverages very promptly with a smile. The dessert was awesome to say the least. We walked away very happy indeed. I would highly recommend this place for Dinner and will definitely be going back again next time we are in Melbourne.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overall - It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food: the entrees were ok, the mains were good and the desert was delicious.

Service: not overly nice/friendly or helpful - although a set menu I thought I would ask to swap the dessert as I do not like baclava - no big deal if I could not as my husband would have eaten it - when I asked if I could swap it for something else I was told I could buy another desert - I advised I did not want to buy another one and that I wanted to know if I could swap it - he said to me he will check if this is possible. I was then told by someone else I could swap but it would cost me $5.00 extra. I agreed as I wanted to eat something I liked - as it turned out the desert I picked as a replacement did not incur a $5.00 surcharge for whatever reason.

It seemed asking to swap the dessert was like a massive inconvenience and really made me feel unwelcome. They made me feel like I was making them go far above and beyond what they would normally do.

Basically the service was stuffy, unwelcoming and for this reason I will not go back, why would I when there are so many great restaurants in Melbourne to try.

My recommendation would be to hire better.

• Visited August 2012