“Fantastic collection of vine and amazing service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vue de Monde

Vue de Monde
525 Collins Street | Rialto Building 55th Floor, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
+61 3 9691 3888
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 2,901 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Australian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic collection of vine and amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Unfortunately the view was blocked due to the fog in Melbourne. However the service and the cocktails were amazing. We even got a guided tour of the cellar, which was cool.

Visited April 2014

Yeppoon, Australia
“Vue De Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We started our evening with cocktails in the bar. We loved the pop up cocktail menu and ordered 2 cocktails and a beer. The bar staff were great as we're the drinks and the view. On going through to the restaurant we felt the tables were to big and we were sitting quite some distance from each other. Although the distance from other tables and dinners is good and creates privacy. The restaurant has a great earthy feel created by leather covered tables and wooden and stone table pieces.
We did not receive any advice on wine which was disappointing as we were looking forward to the experience of having wine matched with our food. One of the waiters arrived and after some discussion we decided to go with 7 courses (5 savory and 2 sweet). Somewhere found the 4th or 5th course we decided to add another. We found the courses to be a little hit and miss. Some were amazing - barramundi, wagu, beef tongue, followed by some good courses - duck yolk dish, eel and the wallaby and then some ok dishes - Martin, corn truffle. We had a mixed opinion on desert I personally highly enjoyed the hay infused dish but my dinner companions loved the chocolate soufflé. At the end of the night the girls were given a take home breakfast package which was a nice touch. All things considered we had a great night however I had been looking forward to this for quite some time and for the price tag I expected amazing all the way through which it was not. There has been much dispute between us on what to rate Vu De Monde. If it was possible to give half stars I would rate 3.5 but as it's not an option I've gone with 4 stars as it is definable above average, however I would not return as I believe we could have had a better experience (wine matching ect) and service elsewhere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Have been to VdM twice, both times have walked away very happy. Not cheap $500 a head, but reasonable value considering: 10 courses all brilliant, a matched wine with each course (including Dom Perignon & Chateau d'Yaquem), best staff going around for knowledge, service & interaction, & of course stunning views of Melbourne. Well worth the expense as a (very) occasional treat

Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
“fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant had great and fabulous view of Melbourne. Restaurant had modern design. The food presentation was quite lovely and unique, so I did not want to eat. I love chocolate dessert the most. I regret to come back here at night. I would be more wonderful than in the afternoon, I suppose.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having previously dined at this restaurant, we had high expectations...and we were not disappointed. The food and service were exceptional.

• Visited April 2014