“Highly crafted Asian cuisine served perfectly” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Adelaide, Sth Australia
“Highly crafted Asian cuisine served perfectly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The space that this restaurant sits in is an amazing open warehouse. It is very warm inviting and very professional in its approach. We were a party of 2 so we couldn't book (tables under 6 persons cannot) but turning up we got lucky and were sat at the bar where we enjoyed our dinner whilst watching the staff weave magic. The menu is very extensive with flavours of Thai and Vietnam but also with blends of various other Sth East Asian cuisines.
The waitress allowed us to have some dishes as 1/2 portions so we could taste more dishes. Brilliant, finally a restaurant that is flexible with the diners requests. The food is sublime, some of the best blending of tastes and textures I have had for a long time. The staff are excellent, professional and very accommodating. The even have a DJ playing groovy tunes while you eat.
The cocktails are innovative and tasty. This is a definite must return restaurant ?

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Yes, definitely overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had high expectations of Longrain due to its reviews by other users, but I was very disappointed. The dishes were a little too sweet in my opinion, and the meat was too tough. We were a party of four, and we couldn't continue eating after a few bites of each dish. Very very disappointing. On a positive note though, the staff were extremely friendly, great service and great atmosphere, the cocktails were delicious too!! If only this was a bar then I would've given it 5 stars. But because this is predominately a restaurant, then it did not live up to my expectations.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I expected a lot and was left feeling totally ordinary. The food is ok and with a larger group you can book (otherwise, I certainly would not have been cuing). Wine glasses without stems don't do it for me and would only seem to benefit the restaurant. They add even more to the feeling of eating in a shopping mall. I don't choose to dine out to sit with strangers on park benches!

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice place to lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I like the way Longrain has shared tables so that you meet different people each time you go there. The food and service is great but not cheap.

Visited December 2012
Gold Coast
“Asian influence at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food and service was incredible. Was a little worried about the fact that we were sat at a communal bar but this added to the experience. Not sure about the stemless wine glasses but a new trend must be tried.

Visited June 2013