Was traveling with family, 3 of us. Booked a standard room with 3 beds. However one bed is a bunk bed which is above the main double bed. To be fair this was the cheapest accommodation I could find in Melbourne at 99$ for all 3, but the room was a tight fit for the 3 of us. In hindsight we should have gone for a family room. The room was very clean and modern. Shower was ok, but once you stepped out the sink area was covered by a curtain and was pretty much in the room. In terms of location the hotel is excellent. Just a block away from Flinders Station. Lots of eating places around and great access to Trams. The entrance to the hotel is very low key. The reception is on the first floor and the corridors were a bit smelly. The persons manning the reception were quite helpful and nice. All in all, it was a decent experience. Melbourne is an expensive city so when you go cheap I guess you can't expect the sun moon and stars. Not a place for fussy travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NO PARKING Facilities At This Ibis Budget ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Budget Melbourne CBD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Formule 1 Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Formule 1