(Stayed 6 nights, bunk room with 4 single bunk beds)
Me and three friends stayed for a conference happening in Melbourne, we didn't expect much as we got an excellent rate for such a convenient location. The room was average as the beds rattled throughout the night, besides that we were given basic bathroom amenities (no problems!) and complete bedding for all four beds.
There is no storage cabinets so you'd be living out of your suitcase (also not a problem for us). There is one chair and a small table, good for using a laptop. We had a room facing away from the street which meant it was quiet throughout our stay.
The staff were friendly and I think there is also kitchen facilities, but we were busy and didn't have time to look through completely.
The location is what you pay for here, it's a safe place no matter what time you come in at and is so close that if you're just going to look around the Melbourne CBD you don't really need to take public transport. Flinders Street Station is about 6 minutes walk away.
All in all, it is a budget hotel so don't expect the world and you should be good.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Formule 1 Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Formule 1
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NO PARKING Facilities At This F1 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Budget Melbourne CBD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.