The hotel is soon to become part of the Ibis budget series, which pretty much sums up the overall atmosphere of the hotel. The hotel is on par with the quality of accommodation on offer from the YHA backpacker accommodation, which is a lot cheaper for the quality that is on offer. The room is very basic and bland, with a TV, and very compact bathroom/toilet space. The only thing that is offered is soap and towels for the bathing. No coffee/tea on offer, nor any cups/glasses for water. The quality of sleep was impaired by the sound of slamming doors throughout the night (sounded like someone was smashing up the room on the floor above.
I'm sure that if the circumstances were different, I would have had a better night's sleep. However, for the price you pay at this hotel you can find better quality within the CBD. Hopefully, the new alliance with the Ibis Budget brand will see the rooms priced at the value it is truly worth, and becomes a viable alternative to backpacker accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NO PARKING Facilities At This Ibis Budget ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Budget Melbourne CBD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Formule 1 Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Formule 1