One of the more affordable hotels with close proximity to Flinders St station! There's a Coles just opposite the hotel, and many small eateries nearby. No problem with safety at night as this spot is quite lively and relatively well-lit.
Only thing is you might hear noises from the trams that are running pass in the morning/ night, but I sort of like the quaint sounds of the tram bells (I'm from a country without trams!) :)
They allowed me to keep my luggage in the storeroom for a few days prior to my check-in as I was going to the Great Ocean Road and did not want to lug my luggage around.
Oh and the first room they gave me wasn't properly made up, but they promptly gave us a new room which was slightly more spacious as it was a corner room so there is a short corridor in the room before reaching the bed.
Waiting for the lift might take a while though.. but overall a pretty good stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NO PARKING Facilities At This Ibis Budget ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Budget Melbourne CBD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Formule 1 Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Formule 1