“Wonderful Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of the best restaurants in Melbourne!
melbourne
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We celebrated my sister from New Zealand,50th birthday last night with 12 family members. I had visited beforehand to discuss seating for my 80 year old mother and was impressed with their approach to customer service both then and last night. The meal was superb and wait staff and manager were attentive and helpful. All deserts were met with oohs and aahs and the main meal was excellent. A five star meal and experience.

Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Wildflower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We are very lucky to have one of the best restaurants in Melbourne in our local neighorhood. We celebrated a special occasion tonight at the Wildflower and it didn’t disappoint. The waiting staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The menu had changed since our visit last year – as had the chef – and the food was explained in just enough detail to tantalise the taste-buds! The menu had some very adventurous contemporary dishes and I chose the crab meat with pork cheek and fried pig’s ear! It was truly sensational! This was followed by the duck main course with baked polenta on the side. To finish, I chose the yoghurt and honey cream with quince, pecans and honeycomb accompanied by an excellent desert wine. The attention to detail was excellent and the atmosphere warm and inviting. While a little on the pricey side, the wine list and the wonderful food made it excellent value. The only downside was that the restaurant was very busy and was a bit noisy, limiting conversation somewhat. Still, highly recommended - especially the new menu!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fremantle
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I shared one of the best meals I've ever had with colleagues at Wildflower about a year ago, so mine isn't a recent experience. But it was memorable and I often wish I had the opportunity to return. The menu was superb and catered well for a mixed, reasonably large crowd of varying tastes and appetites. My soup (with prawns and truffle oil) was the best I've had in a restaurant. The souffle desserts were wonderful, as were the homemade sorbets. We were very well looked after by staff. I'd return here in a heart beat.

The restaurant would be ideal for couples, with its beautiful atmosphere. It is also idea for groups of friends or family, and yet suitable for business get togethers. I wouldn't recommend it as a venue for children, though others might think otherwise.

The restaurant isn't in central Melbourne, but in a nearby suburb. We were taken there in a taxi, but I noticed it's adjacent to a train station so would be relatively easy to get to without a car.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“We will never return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am told that this retaurant has changed hands twice in recent times. Unfortunately the standard has dropped
It did not start well with booking mixup. Food not up to price tag.
Waiters did not know how to treat a customer . Wine list starting price ridiculous for a small suburban restaurant where ladies lunch.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

contained in a small alley in a small shopping centre, we've been here a few times now and it is consistently good - and creative. The scallops always nice.

• Visited September 2011