“I don't believe it!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“I don't believe it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited this diner on a gift voucher, sorry our daughter went to the expense and trouble. They refused to change the set menu, wine was terrible, lamb ribs fatty, veal main too thick and covered in a swirling mess of mushrooms and cream sauce. This is a poor pub meal. Expensive and lousy.

Don't think anyone over ten should bother with this, or maybe they shouldn't as well. Don't go!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

melbourne
“One Fitzroy Street St Kilda”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Staff were good, view was good.
Food was average. I ordered their "Famous Fish Pie". It should be renamed "Famous Potato and Fish Flavour Pie". Or "Famous Find the Fish if you can Pie".
Will not go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Staff have no clue about anything , bought out wrong food that was ordered . All over the shop. Took ten mins to get milk that was ordered with my coffee in the end I went up to get it . Food absolutely disgusting and expensive . Took half hour to wait at till to eventually pay , I was close to just walking .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“One Fitzroy Street Restaurant, Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Absolutely Fantastic!! We bought a voucher for a meal and had a Christmas dinner function at this restaurant. There were 15 of us in total: the food was brilliant and very tasty and the service was fantastic. I had sms's the next day thanking me for the function. GREAT staff and lovely view. Thank you! One Fitzroy St- Highly recommended :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portarlington
“Microwave Specialists”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went with a voucher bought on Cudo so expectations weren't high and even these expectations weren't met. Entree = pork belly which if cooked well falls apart. I am certain that this was precooked and then microwaved. It was tough and certainly did fall apart. Red chilli chicken for mains which I am sure was prepared several days prior and microwaved. The chicken consisted of leg bones and a breast bone with barely any meat left attached. It was greasy and I could detect a hint of "this is just about to go off taste". I only ate half of it because it was so bad and then I started to worry that I would get ill after eating it. I informed the waiter (after he asked) what I thought of it. He was polite enough to offer another meal which I declined. 5 minutes later I accidently kicked the leg of the table which caused my wife's glass of wine to spill on her pants. The same waiter attended and whilst mopping up the wine stated, "that makes us even!" - What that fu*K mate? - How? He didn't even offer to refill my wife's glass. Not good. Won' be back. Ever! If you want something convenient get some Macca's at least you know that it will be freshly cooked and the 15 y.o. staff will be more polite, thoughtful and professional.

• Visited December 2012