“Abusive owner” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2,815 of 4,076 Restaurants in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Abusive owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend ordered the Chicken Broth, which listed every ingredient on the menu except bean sprouts. She is allergic to legumes. When she had an anaphylactic attack, she very politely asked for another, and pointed out that bean sprouts were not listed on the menu. There was then a misunderstanding about the bill (we misread it). The owner and waiter assumed that we had refused to pay for the chicken broth (which we thought we had paid for). They both became very aggressive and made personal insults, calling us "childish" and saying that it was my friend's fault for assuming that there wouldn't be bean sprouts (?????). We pointed out that she could have died but the owner continued to be abusive. I think this is a great shame, because I have eaten here many times before and enjoyed it. The food is great but I will NOT be eating here again. If you are allergic to legumes, don't eat here, and if you have a complaint, don't bother mentioning it. Shocking service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous Food & Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Really love this place, the food and the service
Check out my blog for photos of our Nudel Bar experience in March.
foodinfocusblog.com
I have been back three times since and have thoroughly enjoyed the tasty dishes!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“FOOD POISONING!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Just like many of those who wrote reviews for this place on Google, I got terrible food poisoning. When I told the management about this they simply told me it was nothing to do with them and that I must have got it from somewhere else! The whole experience was a disappointment. The food was not anywhere near as the price tag led us to believe it was, and the service was second rate. A disappointing experience with a crappy end!

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Quick, Easy and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Another Melbourne stalwart. Some have complained that prices have increased in recent years (I tend to agree); but the food is always fresh and delicious. Service is speedy and friendly. It has more of a cafe feel than a serious restaurant, which works well for a fast, enjoyable meal.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Very slow service. Food was okay but would have been priced at about $5 in New York or Toronto instead of the $80 tab for pretty basic stuff.