“Getting Better” 5 of 5 stars

(03) 9349 4888
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Luna Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,900 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Getting Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at this Restraurant may times and over many years, it has always been good with some experiences being a bit better than others. The one thing that has always been of the highest standard is the food, and that is exactly why we keep coming back. On this visit we both had the cheese soufflé (never one to disappoint) I then had the pork with crackle and my partner had the slow cooked beef rib. Both meals fantastic. Desserts were also beautiful as usual. The Restraurant was very busy on this Saturday night but the service was very good, the staff were friendly and efficient. The not so cheap bottle of wine we ordered was decanted as it should be and we were never left looking for the staff for assistance, they were just there when we needed them. All in all a great experience and we felt that this place is getting better each time we visit. We will definitely return again.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Narooma, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch, shared the lamb filo yum, then the gnocchi which was the best by far that I have eaten, steak cooked to perfection and sides of potatoes and beet root. Finished with the dessert mezze plate and coffee. Excellent meal and well worth the money, we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Pleasant restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We enjoyed a very good meal at La Luna. The decor was a little quirky and the packaged salt on the table was interesting.

The service was very attentive and friendly, but I do wonder why many establishments do not leave the wine bottle at the table so that the customers can serve themselves rather than waiting for their dry glass to be replenished by busy waiters!

The menu was interesting, although we thought there was a little too much emphasis on steaks, and the quality of the food was excellent. A very pleasant dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mt Eliza
“Overpriced and underperformed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our first visit with friends from interstate plus locals who had been before. My wife and I shared the garlic prawns which were fine but far from the best I have had. My wife had the hangar steak which was tough and rubbery and the pepper crust so strong that it was inedible. This message was conveyed to the wait staff. Only when everyone had finished their meal some 20 or so minutes later and the plates were being cleared and it was seen that my wife had not eaten her meal, was an alternative offered. Obviously a bit late at that stage and she declined. However they were still prepared to charge for this totally unacceptable product. One of our friends from Adelaide had the same dish and although he ate it, agreed that it was tough and rubbery. I had the fish of the day (blue eye). Mine was overcooked and dry and contained numerous bones and I have eaten better from the local pub at less than half the price. Others at the table said their meals were okay but certainly my wife and I will not be revisiting.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toukley, New South Wales, Australia
“YUMMMM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best food I have ever tasted, the steak just melted in your mouth whilst the prawns where so fresh you would have thought they caught them in the kitchen.
This restaurant is well worth the visit.

Visited May 2013