“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Narooma, Australia
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch, shared the lamb filo yum, then the gnocchi which was the best by far that I have eaten, steak cooked to perfection and sides of potatoes and beet root. Finished with the dessert mezze plate and coffee. Excellent meal and well worth the money, we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
“Pleasant restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We enjoyed a very good meal at La Luna. The decor was a little quirky and the packaged salt on the table was interesting.

The service was very attentive and friendly, but I do wonder why many establishments do not leave the wine bottle at the table so that the customers can serve themselves rather than waiting for their dry glass to be replenished by busy waiters!

The menu was interesting, although we thought there was a little too much emphasis on steaks, and the quality of the food was excellent. A very pleasant dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mt Eliza
“Overpriced and underperformed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our first visit with friends from interstate plus locals who had been before. My wife and I shared the garlic prawns which were fine but far from the best I have had. My wife had the hangar steak which was tough and rubbery and the pepper crust so strong that it was inedible. This message was conveyed to the wait staff. Only when everyone had finished their meal some 20 or so minutes later and the plates were being cleared and it was seen that my wife had not eaten her meal, was an alternative offered. Obviously a bit late at that stage and she declined. However they were still prepared to charge for this totally unacceptable product. One of our friends from Adelaide had the same dish and although he ate it, agreed that it was tough and rubbery. I had the fish of the day (blue eye). Mine was overcooked and dry and contained numerous bones and I have eaten better from the local pub at less than half the price. Others at the table said their meals were okay but certainly my wife and I will not be revisiting.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toukley, New South Wales, Australia
“YUMMMM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best food I have ever tasted, the steak just melted in your mouth whilst the prawns where so fresh you would have thought they caught them in the kitchen.
This restaurant is well worth the visit.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A Little Bit of Carlton...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We saved a rare child-free outing for La Luna, attracted by the promise of informal style and good food without pretentious mini serves hated by tradie husband. We weren't disappointed.
We normally don't bother with entree, but to honour our childfree status we decided to 'have it all'. He had bullboar sausages and I had the lamb and spinach pie. Both fine. I would have liked to have seen something more wet/salady on the entree menu (that didn't include seafood), but that's just me.
Main course - crispy crackling rolled pork for him and porterhouse for me. I had done my research and thought this is the place that should do a good steak and yes indeedy!! This is the first time I have had a steak cooked EXACTLY to my liking and the knife just slid through - tender, tasty and deeeeeeee-licious. Your choice of condiments to add to your plate. Accompanying duck fat-roasted kipflers and sauteed spinach - yessssssssssssssss.
Mr Tradie opted for coffee rather than dessert, which came along in attractive cup and saucer that was so appealing we had a chat about it on the way home. I had the creme brulee - just lovely - apart from the fact that dessert-avoiding husband ATE HALF OF IT!!!! Service was superb, friendly without being pesty and quick without giving you the feeling of being rushed through.
Finished off with a nostalgic wander through the streets of Carlton....lovely.

• Visited May 2013