“YUMMMM” 5 of 5 stars

(03) 9349 4888
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Luna Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 3,377 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Toukley, New South Wales, Australia
“YUMMMM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best food I have ever tasted, the steak just melted in your mouth whilst the prawns where so fresh you would have thought they caught them in the kitchen.
This restaurant is well worth the visit.

Visited May 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“A Little Bit of Carlton...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We saved a rare child-free outing for La Luna, attracted by the promise of informal style and good food without pretentious mini serves hated by tradie husband. We weren't disappointed.
We normally don't bother with entree, but to honour our childfree status we decided to 'have it all'. He had bullboar sausages and I had the lamb and spinach pie. Both fine. I would have liked to have seen something more wet/salady on the entree menu (that didn't include seafood), but that's just me.
Main course - crispy crackling rolled pork for him and porterhouse for me. I had done my research and thought this is the place that should do a good steak and yes indeedy!! This is the first time I have had a steak cooked EXACTLY to my liking and the knife just slid through - tender, tasty and deeeeeeee-licious. Your choice of condiments to add to your plate. Accompanying duck fat-roasted kipflers and sauteed spinach - yessssssssssssssss.
Mr Tradie opted for coffee rather than dessert, which came along in attractive cup and saucer that was so appealing we had a chat about it on the way home. I had the creme brulee - just lovely - apart from the fact that dessert-avoiding husband ATE HALF OF IT!!!! Service was superb, friendly without being pesty and quick without giving you the feeling of being rushed through.
Finished off with a nostalgic wander through the streets of Carlton....lovely.

Australia
“Great Mother's Day Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Despite being very busy, the kitchen and wait staff did a great job. Perfectly cooked and presented food; welcoming and professional staff. We enjoyed the lunch and look forward to returning and trying more dishes on the menu.

Visited May 2013
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic place, the service was fantastic and with good humour. The food was delish! I couldn't find a fault and it was a lovely Mother's Day!

Orange, Australia
“Love !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just loved it ! You must try it you will not be sorry - could leave it at that but really think I should share more ! After going through the menu and having trouble making up our minds we decided to have the 'Chefs Feast' - best thing we did ! At $85 per head we were taken on a Foodie dream ride and got to taste so many things from the devine home cured prosciutto to the salmon salad, the delish sausages with silky smooth mash, beef to die for and duck leg heaven - everything was perfection, the sauces so rich and oh my mouth is watering at the thought of this amazing meal, wished we lived in Melbourne ! Adrian was not cooking that night but eating out doors, so I took the opportunity to buy his latest book The Good Life and send it to be signed which he kindly did, would have loved to meet him and was hoping he might pop his head in to say Hi to everyone - after all he is the Rock God of Aussie cooking but no :( Make this a must visit restaurant when visiting Melbourne, it is relaxed and friendly.