“Excellent service and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 3,912 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Step back in time as you enjoy your meal in a friendly relaxed family run business.
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We came to the restaurant in the evening and had reserved out table (unnecessary though) so the waitress asked my name and seated us outside where we decided that we would prefer the ac inside. No problem. The food (squid ink pasta) came quickly and tasted great. It was a very good experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
emcee-corn, Manager at Il Cantuccio, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments we're glad you enjoyed the evening.Hope to see you again soon. Il Cantuccio

Wellington, New Zealand
“two more nights at my favourite Lygon Street restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Another business trip to melbourne and fortunate to be able to eat at Il Cantuccio on a Thursday and then a Saturday night. You know how great a place can be when you only get to go occasionally - in my case months between bookings - and the service and food continues to be consistent every time.

The family who run this place are true workers - on duty every night to care for their customers and offer superb meals and friendly service. I cannot think of any reason why I would not go there each time I am in Melbourne and why I would not recommend to all my friends.

This time - a menu dish called (I think) Avoltonini - it is superb!

emcee-corn, Owner at Il Cantuccio, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much again D for your nice comments we're glad you enjoyed the evening.Hope to see you again soon.Mario@Il Cantuccio
Mornington, Australia
“An authentic Italian meal experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

From the time we walked into the restaurant we were made welcome, the menu is thorough and authentic Italian. Staff are attentive without hovering. 11 out of 10 !!

Au
“Fantastic Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Recommended to this restaurant and was not disappointed. Wonderful family restaurant and service was excellent. Food good and the owner helped us pick a great Italian wine. Serving sizes were huge. Great restaurant

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Gorgeous gnocchi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My partner and I went to Il Cantuccio while on a weekend trip to Melbourne and we were not disappointed. After checking the reviews on Trip Advisor and seeing all the positive reviews we gave it a try and I am so glad we did.
Firstly the wait staff are kind, polite, welcoming and look to assist you in any way possible. Then the food, amazing! We shared the calamari for starters which was soft and tasty. I had the chef's special gnocchi which were like little balls of light, fluffy, delicious goodness and definitely the best I have ever had. I am always hesitant to order gnocchi because it can be quite heavy but this was just delicious. My partner had the prawn pasta which was buttery, garlicy and tasty.
The only disappointment I had was that I couldn't fit in any dessert.