“pretty average” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 3,915 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Grossi Florentino Upstairs
Melbourne, Australia
“pretty average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was so looking forward to lunch at the cellar bar but left quite disappointed. Had the set lunch with a lovely glass of white wine, but the fish course was very bland, and the dessert of fruit pudding was more like xmas pudding without the spices. One of my friends had gelati to finish. It was about a tablespoonful in a bowl...I had more icecream on my dessert. Restaurant was also very hot and very very loud, making conversation difficult. I won't be back in a hurry.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grossi_Restaurants, Owner at Grossi Florentino, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello
We are very dissapointed to hear that you felt your experience at Grossi Grill was less than perfect. Our aim is to impress all our clients wit wonderful food and service. If you are happy to contact me directly i would be pleased to help you further.
liz@grosi.com.au

• Indonesian first
Madison, Wisconsin
“disappointed, sadly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our first time to Melbourne. We were looking for an Italian restaurant near our hotel. We chose Grossi Florentino based on the posted menu. Our server never told us about the specials of the day. I only mention this because I heard him tell the table next to us, and I would have definitely chosen one of them. I chose the egg plant and my husband has the clams with pasta. The pasta dish portion was quite small and most of the clams were missing the meat. Otherwise the flavor was good and the pasta was al dente. My egg plant was edible, not great. Some of the egg plant pieces could have been cooked a bit more. The red sauce was well made nice flavors, not sweet, as many poor red sauces are. As we left the restaurant our server didn't acknowledge us nor thank us. I'm sad this meal wasn't better.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grossi_Restaurants, Owner at Grossi Florentino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello
We were very disappointed to hear that you did not fully enjoy the Grossi Florentino Cellar Bar.
Our goal is to have all our customers leaving happy. I would be very happy for you to contact me personally.
liz@grossi.com.au.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Australia
“Good Business Lunch Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Visited for a business lunch. Very efficient and really authentic. I had a Trofie Genovese, which was at least as good as the ones I have had in Genova. There is a good selection for a business express lunch menu too which looked great, but I had my heart set on the Trofie. The steaks my colleagues consumed looked excellent, but be aware they were cooked to French style in terms of rare and medium etc. Accompanied by a fresh radiccio, fenal and orange salad, an entree of the trofie was more than enough for a very satisfying lunch.

Visited February 2013
Grossi_Restaurants, Owner at Grossi Florentino, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
HI
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. we are thrilled you enjoy our Grossi Florentino Grill.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were only staying in Melbourne for a couple of nights, and were looking for another restaurant further up the street. However, we were lured into Grossi Florentino's Grill by its outside appearance and welcoming staff. Perhaps we should have studied the menus in The Grill and Cellar Bar a bit more closely before entering, as the prices were higher than we were inetding to pay - having said that, it was worth every penny, sorry, cent! Staff were very attentive, without being intrusive, the meal was delicious and the surroundings pleasant without being intimidating.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grossi_Restaurants, Owner at Grossi Florentino, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
we are glad you found us and enjoyed Grossi Florentino Grill.
we look forward to seeing you again.
Phuket, Thailand
“Grossi Florentino Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went to the bistro not the restaurant, great decor overlooking Bourke st Melbourne, if you go for lunch or for the pre 7.30 pm dinner, you can get 2 courses and a glass of wine for $35 best value in town, we went for lunch and the serves are big an entree and main were more than enough or you could choose a dessert but you can have the extra course for an $10 extra, great food, great value. It was pretty full so you need to book

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
its great to hear you enjoyed Grossi Florentino Grill. it means a lot to us to know you enjoyed it.