“My favourite Spanish in Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“My favourite Spanish in Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I just love this restaurant. I have been about 6 times in the past few years and I haven't been to any other Spanish restaurant that I think can compare.

I go for the Tapas. Every single dish I've tried I love, and I am particuarly enamoured by their salads. Their Mojito's are to die for.

Staff are friendly and attentive. Price is reasonable for the standard of the food.

Atmoshere is great for couples and large groups.

I'll continue to go back.

Visited December 2011

NZ
“good food ,good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Spanish restaurant feel about this place ,pleasant atmosphere and good value food. Good service but maybe lacking some skills. The seafood paella was good and very tasty. desert was chorios and ice cream also enjoyable.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, Spain
“Good tapas, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Came here for dinner on a Friday night. Ordered four tapas between two people - the calamari, lamb cutlets, chicken skewers and quesadillas; also ordered sangria.
The dishes had good, yet simple flavours. The lamb was cooked to perfection; the calamari lacked extra bite; the chicken skewers were dry; quesadillas were very good. The sangria was one of the best I've had in Melbourne.
All in all, it was a good meal. The total price came in at under $70, so relatively good value. There was no real flair, or much creativity with the dishes - no wow factor. This place serves basic dishes, almost straying on the bland side - so perhaps if you are trying to impress, this may not be the best place to go.
It seems quite popular though, especially with families, so has a pretty good vibe. The service is efficient and friendly.

Visited December 2011
Launceston, Australia
“Relaxing and family-friendly with very tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We arrived earlier than we'd booked for, but that was no trouble at all for the friendly, welcoming staff. We had a tapas selection with an excellent crianza followed by delicious desserts - chocolate chili mousse and Spanish donuts.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Delicious! Will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Not being very familiar with Spanish food I wasn't sure what to expect from DLS. IT IS FANTASTIC!

The service is a little slow, but to be fair it was 8pm on a Friday night & the place was busy, with a few larger groups.

Do try the Sangria (dangerously good). Three of us chose a tapas each: zucchini flowers (amazing), chicken skewers & prawns. We shared the seafood paella, which was disappointingly pedestrian - lots of yummy seafood but no crust on the base & the paella itself lacked good flavour. Two of us decided to tackle the chocolate mousse for dessert - it's one of the best desserts I've ever had & very generous serves. We ordered two, when really one shared would have been plenty!

The bill for 3 of us, including drinks (4 beers, two glasses of Sangria & a glass of wine) was around $160 - very reasonable considering the standard of food.

• Visited February 2011