“Lovely Cicciolina...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Australia
“Lovely Cicciolina...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Cicciolina is one of my Melbourne favourites, both in terms of food and atmosphere. My September lunch was as great as ever, and I confess to predictably ordering carpaccio, both types. I wasn't so keen on the creamy mayonnaise (a sort of wasabi colour but not really tasting of wasabi) with the beef carpaccio. Please bring the more traditional version back? The duck confit dish was delicious. Now, this is a funny one, but the lady serving us, who was very attentive, held the dishes right in my face every time she delivered or removed things, so that I had to lean right back. That's a new one for me :-) Anyway I love this restaurant and I can't wait to eat there again (whilst leaning back, if necessary).

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for longer than I can remember and have yet to have anything less than a wonderful experience. Dinner is great but lunch is where the restaurant really shines, by yourself, with your partner or out for a big lunch, you will be made to feel special or part of the the furniture. Their menu is based around some great favourites which are then complimented by a blackboard full of exciting additions. If you want to experience Melbourne like an insider, head down.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Really enjoyable meal we had here. Good service, good food and nice place so its got to be worth a go in my book!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing BUT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I went to our fav resto in Melbourne last night for the first time in a few months and as always Cicciolina was just superb. Buzz, service and food all better than anything else Melbourne has to offer BUT Dear Cicciolina - PLEASE CHANGE THE EYE FILLET DISH BACK TO WHAT IT WAS ! With the potatoe base etc this was THE BEST STEAK in Melbourne and not just me but loads of our friends think this too. Hope the change to the colesaw is not permanenent. Please please please consider.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Don't walk past. Read this and give it a go - ness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Friendly. Homely. Great food. Staff want to be there which is a great start. Chicken dish was amazing. Spag Bol one of the best ever. Busy so try and get there early or a bit late but that says it all. A real local treat no wonder it's still alive and kicking after over forty years.

• Visited July 2013