“A lovely Italian dream...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caffe e Cucina

Caffe e Cucina
581 Chapel Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3141, Australia (South Yarra)
(03) 9827 4139
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South Yarra
Australia
“A lovely Italian dream...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

When visiting Melbourne, Caffe e Cucina is always on my list. The atmosphere inside is dark, romantic, intimate; great service, delicious food...I adore the calamari, so light and delicious. On my September visit I ate the 24hr lamb and it was amazing. All in all, a lovely Italian dream...

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Melbourne
“Some good things but overall disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a number of times over many years and this visit was disappointing. On this occasion I booked and asked for downstairs which I was told was possible. On arrival the rather arrogant waiter tried to send us upstairs which was very loud and very full. Downstairs there were two spare tables. I asked for one of these and finally after a few requests we were begrudgingly seated at one of these!
A much nicer waiter took our orders and the entree of zucchini flowers and calamari was excellent. The waiter had recommended the gnocchi so I ordered that and was served tasteless and doughy pebbles. I could not eat more than one and sent it back. Another pasta dish was much better.
They asked if I wanted a substitute but by then I had had enough.
They did take the gnocchi dish off the bill without us having to ask them which is a sign of the professionalism you would expect of this calibre of restaurant. Hopefully it will be much better next time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sligo, Ireland
“delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a delicious meal here.Linguine and Orecchiette recommended with fresh and plentiful prawns.Service was excellent and low key. I think this compares well in price and quality to many good Italian restaurants in Melbourne.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dinner Plain, Australia
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

fantastic food, service is spot on we have been here a few times and will continue going back, this is one of our favorite places to eat

Visited June 2013
Torquay, Australia
“Look at me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Its the restaurant where everyone wants to get into on Chapel. Great food and service. Its a little squishy as far as room is concerned, but well worth it, if you can get in!

Visited July 2013