“Don't forget the wipes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Flinders St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Northbank)   |
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Don't forget the wipes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was our first trip to Melbourne, the hotel is in an excellent location, perfect for exploring the city by foot and the free No.35 tourist tram stops 50yrs up from the hotel, the bridge across to Southbank and the Crown casino is a couple of minutes walk so perfect spot to base yourself.
The staff were all very friendly. On getting into our room everything looked good, apart from a balcony view of a roof top and air conditioning units and car park opposite and the sliding door not locking, then we found stale urine around the base of the toilet and black curly pubic hairs on the bathroom floor.

We explained to the reception staff who offered to move us but we said thats ok if they could sort it all out while we went for an explore. On returning a few hours later our room door was ajar, luckily the bags were still locked and there, the balcony door was fixed but no cleaning had been done in the bathroom. We spoke to reception who were very appologetic and moved rooms (bonus as much better view of city) unfortunatley same problem again, stale urine and more pubic hairs on floor of bathroom. rightly or wrongly we didnt bother to complain we cleaned it ourselves although did half expect to see pubes in the bed, but no it was ok.

The only other moan was the water in the bathroom which you can use then purchase (dont bother there's a 7/11 around the corner) was only out of date by 6 months and evryone seemed to be having dramas with the lift that needs your swipe card to operate.

There's a cafe next door where you can get breakie if you wish, we didnt bother, we bought some cereals and milk for the room then just grabbed a coffee from there when heading out.

There's a small gym and small pool, looked clean enough but didnt bother using, bring your runners and go for a jog instead, nice little route across to Southbank along to the war memorial and botanical gardens and then back on the other side of the river, really pleasant and loads of people out first thing running, rowing or cycling.

Would i stay again, yea sure, but would just prepare next time by packing some dettoll and cleaning wipes.

Oh and top tip, getting to Melbourne from the airport is so easy, use the sky bus service, $60 return for two adults and the bus station in Melbourne is a 10 minute easy walk from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you Aido22 for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. My apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have definitely followed up with my team to ensure the high housekeeping standards we pride ourselves on are consistently maintained as well as security measures.

I was pleased to hear you did enjoy the other aspects of your stay and our location. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Melbourne Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed in a one bedroom apartment. Good location when needing to be down that end of town, near Crown and tram stop outside front door. Apartment Good size and clean. Curtains could do with being replaced and or repaired and Split system in the bedroom rattled when on. It feels like there is no privacy as building next door was looking straight into our lounge area and window in bedroom looked straight onto a neighbours balcony. Overall pretty good value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi Oztraveller97, Thank you for leaving your feedback. I was pleased to hear you found the hotel good value and that you had enjoyed your stay. The maintenance and quality of our rooms is very important to us, so do take your feedback very seriously and will look at what we can do to fix the curtains and aircon noise. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Was very impressed with the hotel. Staff were lovely and helpful. We managed to get a early checkin. Hotel was clean. Very central to shops, casino, trains and trams. Free city circle trams stops out the front. Room was very comfortable. Nice little balcony although not the best view but better than nothing. Only thing the rooms could do with fans for hotter nights as its too noisy to open the window and air-con wasn't really needed just needed air circulating. Overall great hotel and will stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was so pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team. We do have some fans at the hotel, for those who prefer we could definitely organise one to be taken to your room. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed two nights at Adina and when I checked into my room (an inner court yard one - 8th floor) I found I had no mobile signal (useless Optus). When I asked to move rooms they immediately moved me to another room, no dramas.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Paul T, thank you for leaving your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was delighted to hear you had enjoyed your stay and that our team were able to move you quickly to accommodate your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thanks
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Conveniently located on the North Bank but no view of the Yarra unless you are on the top floors. The lower floors are very noisy from the trains, but we were warned and given the option to wait until other rooms became available. We were tired and were checking in early so we took what we were offered.
The apartments are large with separate bedroom, living room and bathroom and are well equipped, the bed is large and comfortable. Full laundry facilities are available in the room.
There is a large Coles supermarket just up the road by the Southern Cross station if you want to self cater. The South Bank and it's restaurants are within a five minute walk.
Restaurants don't open very early for breakfast. The earliest we found was 8.00am.
We've been in posher apartments but this is not bad for the money if you can get a room on the upper floors.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelling_Crusader, Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was very pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and that we were able to get you checked into your room early. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon and offer you a room on a higher floor. Thanks
auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for a week with teenage son due to work commitments and conference at the centre across the river. I had to leave him mostly on his own - 15yo and felt comfortable to do so given all the security and facilities available- specifically the gym, sauna, pool. However the pool complex was very tired but great views. We stayed in a disabled friendly apartment 1brm apartment (we hadn't asked for) but it was fine. Only grumble would be lack of hanging towel rack in bathroom. Cooking facilities were fine for a week. Lots of room in the bathroom and full laundry facilities. The noise was unbearable for a light sleeper given the railway track across the road. Our room was on third floor on a side street. It was handy to everything, there is the free tram across the road that circles around the CBD, lots of little cheap eateries and opposite a backpackers, so there's cheap café just there too. There is little convenience store right nearby and express supermarket at the main train station also in short walking distance. We walked everywhere in daytime but not really a part of town to be walking by yourself (especially if you're female) at night. Internet is expensive and slow, use a cafe. I might choose stay in a better, quieter part of town next time or on Southbank for conference. We discovered the outlet stores on Southbank- worth a look. Greatest asset of this hotel was it's friendly staff and books you can read in the foyer!

Room Tip: I think higher up may be less noisy or toward back of hotel, although there would probably not be a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear jen101Auckland, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay, location & facilities. Internet is something we are working with our supplier on, to be able to offer a more affordable option for our guests.
For any future stays we would be happy meet any request for a quieter room to allow a better nights sleep. I do understand that the city is a noisy place for light sleepers, so we can definitely accommodate a quieter side of the building. Thank you again jen101Auckland, I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Room had paper thin walls - people in the next room were very noisy ... making dinner at midnight and talking about tampons and all sorts of personal things. I could not sleep and I was NOT very happy! Apart from that the room was fine ... clean and relatively modern. But they have revamped an old building and the walls are obviously thin ...

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback GMT78, my apologies that your stay was disturbed by noisy neighbours. Please know we have 24 hour reception and encourage any guest experiencing noisy neighbours to contact us, so we can address the issue at them time and ensure you get the great night's sleep you are paying for. I'm very sorry we were not able to fix this for you on the night.
The buidling was infact built in 2006, so thin walls is not something we have many complaints about. My apologies again that this has not been the case for your stay. I was pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was fine. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank? Share your experiences!