“PLEASANT STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Flinders St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Northbank)   |
Ranked #38 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
ADELAIDE
“PLEASANT STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have just spent 2 nights at this hotel.

Positives: Friendly reception staff, good location, very convenient parking ($25 p/n), nice clean room.

Negatives: Very poor shower, balcony door almost impossible to slide, instant coffee like dishwater, swipe key unreliable.

The café next door served an excellent breakfast and a great coffee and muffin deal for $5.

Room Tip: We had a room facing an internal space (11th floor) - no road noise unless you opened the balcony do...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Morning David & Helen G. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and the service from our team.
As with my response to 888JustMe, I am pleased to advise we are currently installing new shower heads as a result from feedback like yours, and also have had a new key encoder installed which is helping with any key swipe problems we had been experiencing.

I invite you to contact me directly on 03 9246 0000 so I can discuss which room you were in so we can address the balcony door sliding issue, so I can get my maintenance manager to investigate.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
The Entrance, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good: Location was impressive and the apartment was a good size.
Bad: Shower, noise, room service expensive, the card reader didn't work.

Shower heads spit water at you. Like gym showers.
They are either too cold when you have it on a pressure that doesn't hurt your skin - or put up with the sting to have it at a temp that doesn't give you goosebumps.
Also the bath tub is installed so that the angled backrest is where you have to step to get in. They provided a handle to hold for getting in (seems maybe other people hurt themselves getting in --> like I bruised my knee slipping in)..

The noise from the trains was bad if you want a room with a semi view (you won't see the river/casino unless you get the penthouse or floor below). If you want quiet then it means being at the back of the building where you look straight into the apartment of building behind.

The room service was nice food but expensive (and from the restaurant next door).

The card maker at reception didn't work so they had to scan me to my floor in the lift to get to the room.

I won't be returning to that hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back. If you want a view of the casino book the pe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Good Morning 888JustMe, thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was disappointed to hear that you had not enjoyed your stay. We have been aware of the shower issues and have in fact yesterday & today been installing new shower heads, as a result from feedback such as yours. We are hoping this will see a remarkable improvement on the shower quality for our guests moving forward.

Unfortunately due to taller buildings around us we do not tend to sell for our views, however for the great location that we are in. I apologise for the train noise you experienced, we are more than happy to try to accommodate any requests to be facing away from the train line where possible.

We have had some key encoder issues over the last week, but pleased to say we now have a new encoder installed which has seen a great improvement on this.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. Hopefully you can see that we do act on feedback given whereever we can, obviously some things are a quick fix whilst others involve more time & preparation & money. I do hope that you would consider staying with us again.
Redcliffe, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location in the CBD. Walking distance to the Casino and restaurants along the Yarra . Stayed here for a wedding weekend and was very comfortable. We booked a nanny through the hotel to babysit for us and she was excellent. Would stay again. Staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning JanineW1028, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our team friendly. What a great idea to have us organise a nanny for you to babysit while you & your husband could go and enjoy the wedding. I am very pleased that our team were able to assist you with this. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you stay in Melbourne.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Adina for 4 nights during the Melbourne Cup Carnival. Great location with a 7 minute walk to Spencer Street Station to catch the train to Flemington racecourse, with Ethiad Stadium and Crown Casino being other close destinations. The free City loop tram is immediately outside the Adina entrance and runs every 10 minutes from 10am - 6pm so terrific for those who want to explore the city and not walk.
Our one bedroom apartment was clean and well appointed, with airconditioning in both the living area and bedroom.
The bathroom was spacious so 2 of us could 'dolly up' with hair and make-up and not get in each others way.
Reception staff were welcoming, and very accommodating, with the house staff equally as friendly and happy to help with our enquiries or requests.
Wherever you stay on Flinders Street, particularly on upper floors, the noise from passing trains is quite off-putting.
Our Adina room faced west so we did encounter a noisy stay with the early morning trains turning across the overpass to Spencer Street waking us on most days, so on my next visit I'd take ear-plugs.
We did not eat at the adjoining Cafe but it certainly had an extensive menu. Our Adina stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: No great views, but the east facing rooms would be quieter than those on the western side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Good Morning Sue B, thank you for leaving your feedback for us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky with our location and access to public transport to help our guests get around town & to all major events, I am pleased you were able to benefit from this. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne. Thanks again.
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We enjoyed a two night stay at the hotel while attending Derby Day. The hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance to Crown and Spencer Street station and basically across the road from the aquarium. We were able to check in on arrival at 10.30am and the staff were accommodating and friendly at all times. Special kudos must go to Violetta who assisted us with some rates for next years stay.
The hotel put in a special effort as it was Cup week with photos of guests taken on a back drop at reception and a useful guide printed showing where the TAB, trains to the races were etc. The rooms (one bedroom apartment) were clean with new appliances. We made use of the rooftop pool and spa.
We will return next year. Well done.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi TiffyW_11, thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be returning again next year! Spring Racing Carnival is always an exciting time of year so very pleased to hear you enjoyed our display and guides. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Violeta, thank you. See you next year!!
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed at the Adina for 3 nights in Melbourne. Check in and checkout were excellent. We found some marks on the bedsheets and the pillow right after we checked in. however the reception staff (Sabrina) addressed the situation and we were very satisfied with the way in which our feedback was handled, including a complimentary bottle of sparkling . I would stay here again without question

Room Tip: Ask for a room on High floor facing Dockland.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning Harold H, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the marks on the bed linen, however very pleased to hear Sabrina was able to resolve the issue for you and follow up with our housekeeping team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here with colleagues as we were attending a conference at the convention centre. Very convenient location with well appointed and spacious rooms. Breakfast at the next door cafe is well priced and hearty.
I stayed in a room that overlooked Flinders Street on the 9 th floor. OMG it's noisy! The train continually screeches metal wheels on metal tracks and sleep was disturbed by this. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR A QUIET ROOM. I would never stay here again if I had to have a road facing room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Good Morning Coralhill, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased that you found our location convenient & enjoyed the cuisine at Cafe Keyif.

We are always happy to accommodate guest requests where possible, such as a quiet room. We are able to put a note on your profile for future bookings to advise of any permanent requests - I am not sure if this was already done on checkout if you mentioned your concerns to my team, or I invite you to contact me on 03 9246 0000 and I will make sure it is done for you. Thank you again and I do hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Southbank
Travelodge Southbank Melbourne
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
#41 of 158 in Melbourne
4.0 of 5 stars 1,817 reviews
Oaks On William
#21 of 158 in Melbourne
4.5 of 5 stars 762 reviews

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank? Share your experiences!