“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Flinders St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Northbank) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #41 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Western Australia
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here recently with 3 other ladies. Staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Great value for money. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with a balcony. Room very clean with 2 bathrooms which was great. Good location. Crown casino and aquarium about 5 minutes walk and circle line tram just over the road which we caught into the city every day. Room very quiet at night. Plenty of cafe's and seven elevens in the area. Would definitely stay here again with a group of friends.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartments all have a balcony which is great. View nothing spectacular but great to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Good Morning Annielizie,thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am delighted to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. I will definately pass on your feedback to my Housekeeping team. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.

Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I loved this but my wife thought neighborhood sketchy. Great to have laundry in room free. Free Internet in lobby near useless. Elevator access dies the am you leave. I got trapped had to pound doors to get out. Scary stuff. Light controls confusing. You have to jam card in. Still great place in convenient location

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning Bird-Fanatic, thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely be following up in regards to the lobby internet not working well. We recently had this upgraded so should not be the case. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am concerned you had problems in the lift, by all means I would be happy to discuss further. Please feel free to contact me on 03 9246 0000 so i can attain more details. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The purpose for my trip was a bit of a boy's weekend catching up with friends who live over there. I wanted a clean, modern, centrally located suite with enough room to entertain a friend or two before going out. The Adina was perfect. Don't go if you're looking for a resort or 5 star hotel experience. The Adina Suites are more like serviced appartments. Rooms are big, reasonably well decorated (without being opulent or luxurious), and very clean. I wanted a balcony with a view, so I was overlooking a trainline above a bus intersection - quite noisy outside, but the doors shut out much of the noise. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hanmer Springs, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the 550 Flinders St.Adina & found the staff very friendly.
We had a one bedroom apartment & found it clean & roomy enough for us.
The balcony was great as we could open the doors. Only negative, & it could be quite a biggie for some was the very noisy air conditioning on top of the next door building. Not very noticeable in the day but very noticeable at night. For that reason only I guess we'd hesitate to stay there again.
Pool was quite tired and not very deep (1mtr) but gym was excellent. Very handy to the train station & bus depot and the trams are just across the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Good Morning Nico0000, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I was very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay. You will be pleased to hear that there are works scheduled for the pool area for plastering and paint & also tiles for the spa, which will improve the tired look of this area. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and roomy, we had a one bedroom apartment. Tram stop out front and 7 eleven 24 hours across the road.

Bathroom was nice clean and fairly roomy. Decor was nice too.

Only negative comment is the lounge room needed a blockout curtain. Also had a nice balcony.

Also a comment to management maybe you should check balcony locks, remotes before each guest. As it was bad first impression to have to call service to repair balcony lock to feel safe and replace batteries so we could control air con temperature

Other than that it was a nice friendly close to melbourne main streets.

Would recommend. ps also had a roof top spa and pool which was nice..

ps there is some construction going on around the Adina but it did not disturb us at all. Balcony view could have been better, but that may depend on what side your on.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor, balcony was nice not not much of a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank newtravelSydney
Good Morning NewtravelSydney, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was very pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you for bringing to my attention the finer details that had been lacking during your stay such as batteries & the balcony doors. I will ensure that together with my team we will work on this aspect. Our views do depend on which side of the building you are on, unfortunately being in the city it is difficult to get an all round view. You can definately make a requrest for any future stays to be on a different side. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently traveled to Melbourne for the AFL Grand Final and found the Adina was a great choice of hotel. Was tossing up whether to stay at this Adina or the Adina down the other end of Flinders St. I am extremely happy that I chose this one.

To begin with we arrived at the hotel an hour and a half before check in. We were hoping we would be able to leave our bags in storage, but in fact they had our room ready for us so we were able to check in earlier which was a great bonus.

The Adina Northbank has a tram stop directly below the hotel and another one 100m down the road on Spencer St. I purchased a weekly pass for my myki (travel card) and for around $36 i jumped from tram to tram every day (in zone 1), this was great value for money. It makes getting around the CBD quite easy, and main attractions such as Federation Square, the Aquarium and Flinders St Station all down the road (and there is a free city circle tram that operates from the Adina stop also). Its down the quieter end of town but I really enjoyed that as there was never big crowds of people which can sometimes get annoying. It is also quite close to Southern Cross station which is great for catching the SkyBus to the airport.

Crown Casino is a 250m walk over the bridge down Spencer (with a Kebab shop in between!!) and once you are there you are spoilt for choice with bars, shops and of course gambling. Across the road from the Adina is a Nandos, Dominos and a 7/11 on the corner of Flinders/Spencer. It seems to be a very safe area, I was regularly walking back from restaurants late at night and felt quite safe.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with full kitchen which was great. The lounge area has an air conditioner and TV and the bedroom also had one of each. Our room faced Flinders St and from our balcony you could see the MCG.

If I had to name one thing I didn't like about the room it would be the shower. It is a shower/tub combo, but the shower head itself is quite low pressure which was quite annoying and the water spurt onto the bathroom floor. The wireless internet did not seem to operate very well and so we had to use the cable internet.

There is also 2 outlet shopping centres quite close by. One is DFO at South Wharf and the other is the Spencer St Outlet above Southern Cross Station. Both shopping centres have some amazing shops and are easily accessible.

Overall I was quite satisfied with my stay at the Adina Northbank. The Location was great! I did not have a problem with any tram/train/car noise as other reviewers have mentioned, however if you are a light sleeper you might, although I never even noticed it.

Will be staying here again for any future trips to Melbourne.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Flinders st have a great view of the MCG
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Good Morning Krystal723, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our great location. We are very lucky to have a tram stop outside our door which makes getting around town very accessible. I will definately look into your concerns re wireless internet and our shower heads to see how it can be improved. The AFL Grand Final weekend is always a great weekend to soak up all that Melbourne has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had to work at the convention centre and at Rod Laver Arena so this was a good location for my recent trip. A short walk to the convention centre and a tram directly outside the hotel for Rod Laver. The rooms are apartments with separate bedrooms and living/kitchen areas. So this is great for longer trips. Very spacious and clean. Not quite as convenient if you enjoy walking around the centre of the city.

I only had a couple problems with the room. Firstly the bathroom tap did not have an aerator so it was difficult to use without spraying water everywhere. Even after notifying reception and housekeeping, it was not fitted in my 8 day stay at the hotel. Secondly, there was no blockout curtain in the lounge room. I was told that blockout curtains were not fitted on one side of the building because the building across the road had not been completed. So there is no one to see into the apartment, nevertheless, it was kind of weird sitting in the lounge room with little privacy.

All in all it was a pleasant stay. Recommended if you are okay with staying in that area of the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Good Morning Chigroe, Thankyou for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the tap issues you experienced, I have followed up with my maintenance team and also front office team to ensure we are always acting on any guest requests promptly. The blockout curtains, we have received similar feedback and is definately something we are looking at getting fitted in the near future. Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.