“Friendly Staff, handy location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Flinders St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Northbank)   |
Ranked #47 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Hanmer Springs, New Zealand
“Friendly Staff, handy location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the 550 Flinders St.Adina & found the staff very friendly.
We had a one bedroom apartment & found it clean & roomy enough for us.
The balcony was great as we could open the doors. Only negative, & it could be quite a biggie for some was the very noisy air conditioning on top of the next door building. Not very noticeable in the day but very noticeable at night. For that reason only I guess we'd hesitate to stay there again.
Pool was quite tired and not very deep (1mtr) but gym was excellent. Very handy to the train station & bus depot and the trams are just across the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Good Morning Nico0000, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I was very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay. You will be pleased to hear that there are works scheduled for the pool area for plastering and paint & also tiles for the spa, which will improve the tired look of this area. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and roomy, we had a one bedroom apartment. Tram stop out front and 7 eleven 24 hours across the road.

Bathroom was nice clean and fairly roomy. Decor was nice too.

Only negative comment is the lounge room needed a blockout curtain. Also had a nice balcony.

Also a comment to management maybe you should check balcony locks, remotes before each guest. As it was bad first impression to have to call service to repair balcony lock to feel safe and replace batteries so we could control air con temperature

Other than that it was a nice friendly close to melbourne main streets.

Would recommend. ps also had a roof top spa and pool which was nice..

ps there is some construction going on around the Adina but it did not disturb us at all. Balcony view could have been better, but that may depend on what side your on.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor, balcony was nice not not much of a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning NewtravelSydney, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was very pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you for bringing to my attention the finer details that had been lacking during your stay such as batteries & the balcony doors. I will ensure that together with my team we will work on this aspect. Our views do depend on which side of the building you are on, unfortunately being in the city it is difficult to get an all round view. You can definately make a requrest for any future stays to be on a different side. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently traveled to Melbourne for the AFL Grand Final and found the Adina was a great choice of hotel. Was tossing up whether to stay at this Adina or the Adina down the other end of Flinders St. I am extremely happy that I chose this one.

To begin with we arrived at the hotel an hour and a half before check in. We were hoping we would be able to leave our bags in storage, but in fact they had our room ready for us so we were able to check in earlier which was a great bonus.

The Adina Northbank has a tram stop directly below the hotel and another one 100m down the road on Spencer St. I purchased a weekly pass for my myki (travel card) and for around $36 i jumped from tram to tram every day (in zone 1), this was great value for money. It makes getting around the CBD quite easy, and main attractions such as Federation Square, the Aquarium and Flinders St Station all down the road (and there is a free city circle tram that operates from the Adina stop also). Its down the quieter end of town but I really enjoyed that as there was never big crowds of people which can sometimes get annoying. It is also quite close to Southern Cross station which is great for catching the SkyBus to the airport.

Crown Casino is a 250m walk over the bridge down Spencer (with a Kebab shop in between!!) and once you are there you are spoilt for choice with bars, shops and of course gambling. Across the road from the Adina is a Nandos, Dominos and a 7/11 on the corner of Flinders/Spencer. It seems to be a very safe area, I was regularly walking back from restaurants late at night and felt quite safe.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with full kitchen which was great. The lounge area has an air conditioner and TV and the bedroom also had one of each. Our room faced Flinders St and from our balcony you could see the MCG.

If I had to name one thing I didn't like about the room it would be the shower. It is a shower/tub combo, but the shower head itself is quite low pressure which was quite annoying and the water spurt onto the bathroom floor. The wireless internet did not seem to operate very well and so we had to use the cable internet.

There is also 2 outlet shopping centres quite close by. One is DFO at South Wharf and the other is the Spencer St Outlet above Southern Cross Station. Both shopping centres have some amazing shops and are easily accessible.

Overall I was quite satisfied with my stay at the Adina Northbank. The Location was great! I did not have a problem with any tram/train/car noise as other reviewers have mentioned, however if you are a light sleeper you might, although I never even noticed it.

Will be staying here again for any future trips to Melbourne.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Flinders st have a great view of the MCG
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning Krystal723, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our great location. We are very lucky to have a tram stop outside our door which makes getting around town very accessible. I will definately look into your concerns re wireless internet and our shower heads to see how it can be improved. The AFL Grand Final weekend is always a great weekend to soak up all that Melbourne has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had to work at the convention centre and at Rod Laver Arena so this was a good location for my recent trip. A short walk to the convention centre and a tram directly outside the hotel for Rod Laver. The rooms are apartments with separate bedrooms and living/kitchen areas. So this is great for longer trips. Very spacious and clean. Not quite as convenient if you enjoy walking around the centre of the city.

I only had a couple problems with the room. Firstly the bathroom tap did not have an aerator so it was difficult to use without spraying water everywhere. Even after notifying reception and housekeeping, it was not fitted in my 8 day stay at the hotel. Secondly, there was no blockout curtain in the lounge room. I was told that blockout curtains were not fitted on one side of the building because the building across the road had not been completed. So there is no one to see into the apartment, nevertheless, it was kind of weird sitting in the lounge room with little privacy.

All in all it was a pleasant stay. Recommended if you are okay with staying in that area of the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning Chigroe, Thankyou for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the tap issues you experienced, I have followed up with my maintenance team and also front office team to ensure we are always acting on any guest requests promptly. The blockout curtains, we have received similar feedback and is definately something we are looking at getting fitted in the near future. Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When visiting Melbourne, I generally choose to stay at another hotel for its proximity to my work but when booking late, I found my regular hotel to be booked out due to the football grand final, as were most other well known hotels. I was worried about the Adina at the time as it was a slightly cheaper hotel but to my surprise, it was great. Whilst not in the centre of the city, the hotel was in a good location with easy access to local services.
On arrival, the staff, Samir, greeted me by my first name which indicated that the hotel actually do care about making guests feel welcome. On check out, I was offered the option of leaving bags with them in a secure area. Whilst I didn't need this, it was good of them to offer.
The room was very comfortable with all features that I needed.
I would be happy to stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning TeddyMutt, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass on your kind words to Samir. I am grateful of the opportunity for you to be able to experience our exceptional service and facilities, due to your regular hotel being fully booked. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we had a 2 bed apt. on 7th floor...so traffic and train noise were minimal..easy walking to Crown Casino and Flinders st station...2 small supermarkets close by ...tram stop right outside front door..being situated at end of flinders st it was easy to drive out of city area without too much drama....very clean and staff very friendly and helpful...Cafe Keyif downstairs has great meals and we also ordered dinner in on a couple of nights ...would definately stay here again....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning Kerean, Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I want to give Adina a great review. Want to but can't. Rooms, location, price, everything seems great. A few irks and quirks let them down. First, check in was smooth and very quick. Moved the car to the car park. The key didn't work to get back in the hotel.

An alarm clock went off spontaneously in the middle of the night. The housekeeper came at 10:15, unaware we had a 12pm check out. All preventable. Also we couldn't work out how to set the aircon below 21, so it was stuffy.

Plenty of good points though. Liked the decor. The location is great. Nicely priced rooms, though the mini bar is ridiculously expensive.

Would stay again but they need to pick their act up.

• Stayed September 2013
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good Morning Mangocango, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was very pleased to hear you had enjoyed the majority of your stay & apologise for the mishaps you encountered. I have followed up this morning with my team in relation to our attention to detail and how the small things that can be missed can impact our guests stay, which it has yours. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can ensure we can improve in future. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back some time soon.

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank? Share your experiences!