“Excellent location in Melbourne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

Save Saved
You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Flinders St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Northbank)   |
Ranked #46 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent location in Melbourne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for three nights at this property, and we were very pleasantly surprised. Our room had a large bedroom, but also had a living, dining and kitchen area as well as a washing machine and dryer. The Adina is only a few minutes walk from both southern cross and flinders street stations, there 's a tram stop across the road, and there are numerous, pubs, restaurants and cafes all within minutes from the hotel. We went to the AFL one night and etihad stadium was about a ten minute walk. There is a restaurant at the hotel which we didn't use. There are also a number of convenience stores close by for milk, bread, fruit and Myki cards for public transport. Wi-fi is charged but you can use free wifi in the pleasant lounge area off the lobby for half an hour. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with windows facing the building next door, possibly quieter than one facing the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Good Morning Julia 2600. Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Swan Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The service from all the staff at the Adina was excellent and accommodating with staff going out of their way to make our stay so enjoyable. Staff were flexible and sensitive towards the special requests of our family. Violetta and Nava were particularly helpful as were all other staff. Our rooms were clean and well serviced again by staff who were caring and thoughtful and they timed their cleaning to suit us each of the days we stayed. The location near southern cross station was great for us allowing easy city commuting - train, tram, sky bus.

Room Tip: Some rooms are smaller than others and they have many different layouts. Some rooms are quieter than...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning TinPet. Thank you for leaving your feedback. I was delighted to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have a great team committed to exceptional guest service. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Violeta & Nava along with all my team. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.
Adelaide
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My first review ever on tripadvisor but I was compelled to write and warn fellow travellers. I am a frequent traveller both domestic and overseas. Not a lot fazes me. My first night at the Adina on Flinders St Melbourne I was preparing for bed. The quilt an sheet were tucked in like hospital sheets so I pulled them out. What should fall out but a PAIR OF MEN'S SOCKS !!! So freaked out. Rang reception to request full linen change of my bed. Not a great apology by the person on the desk. The gentleman was most apologetic who change my bed. But after that nothing. No follow up no sorry. I was asked on departure how my stay was. I answered disappointing yet he did not probe further. I now know why it was so cheap on wotif. Side issue very noisy close to Train line. Hotels need to understand that shortcuts on housekeeping is not ok. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff at Reception are so professional, friendly, helpful , smiling & always greeted me when I was leaving & entering the building. Very impressed. The staff made this visit for me.
I booked a studio apartment which was adequate for my needs.

I had a few issues while here. My safe was not unlocked on my arrival & there were hairs on a shelf above the safe. Reception had these attended to within the hour. The toilet roll holder was not secure so the roll kept falling out. This too was attended to.
Why doesn't house keeping report issues & check on cleanliness & maintenance issues?
There was a black grime around the bathroom basin sink plug hole which I listed for attention. Not at all hygenic, & was unsightly to look at.
Another issue is the off light & time light on the bedroom TV were so bright facing the bed + were reflected in the mirror that a pillow was used to try & block them out for sleeping purposes.

I doubt I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Good Morning Clee1. Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay and was impressed with the high level of service our team delivered. I have followed up with my housekeeping & maintenance team in relation to the issues you experienced so we can ensure these items are not missed in future. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Adina Northbank is a good solid property and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. Had a one bedroom apartment which had everything needed. Servicing was good & non-intrusive and front desk staff were always pleasant. Great value and location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Good Morning RJCD800, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I always stay at Adina (if good rate is available - Melbourne is often short of beds during major events). Location is close to Spencer St station for intra-state train travel or skybus transfers. Nearly always get a balcony - which is good for MLB summers.

Have stayed in studio and 1bdr rooms, always spotless, of a good spacious size and well equipped for self-catering. Check-in/out is always simple, quick and efficient. Nice little lounge area (with library) gives it a bit of a hotel feel, as apartment hotels are often a bit sterile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here as it was part of a business trip.

We were on the 11th floor which faced west (over Spencer street and toward Port Melbourne).

Normally we like to sleep with the curtains open (so as the sun comes up we also wake up) but as there was a massive TV screen on a building opposite us that was on all night so we had to close the curtains. We couldn't move them to the other side of the window as that would have covered the screen and could have had the curtains open at least 1/2 way.

We love the proximity of this hotel to Exhibition Hall (where the meetings were) and the Casino.

Also parking was good (we had a hire car and my husband was so paranoid that someone was going to open a car door into it). He loved the fact that there was 2 parks and then a wall and at $25 a night he was happy that it was secure.

Staff at the front desk were friendly.

Also the cafe below (Keyif) has very nice coffee and there is a great Nepaleese restaruant 1 block over - which is very yummy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the eastern side if you like to sleep with your curtains open (or if you like sitt...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank? Share your experiences!