“Excellent value in a fantastic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street

Save Saved
You added Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street to your Saves list
Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street
325 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Collins Mark Apartments) (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #71 of 110 Specialty lodging in Melbourne
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Excellent value in a fantastic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

More than met our needs, was tidy and warm and had all the amenities we needed including washer/dryer and dishwasher.
The best quality of these apartments though is the location. A few mins walk to Federation square, Flinders St rail station, Melbournes lanes, restaurants and Bourke St mall.
Really happy with our stay here and would highly recommend it to others as value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Clermont, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

the location of this apartment was ideal for our shopping/ concert trip. the room had a large living area with a kitchen, table, fold out lounge and tv. we had a great view of the city from the patio of our room. the bath room was very small and could do with a little maintenance however we really enjoyed the convenience of the washing machine and the supplied washing powder. because of the security of the building we would have appreciated another key so we weren't having to go up and down the elevator to let people in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good location in town centre about only thing going for it, absolutely ridiculous to have to pick up the keys in Carlton extra $15 taxi fare to get back to Collins St with Baggage and adds to added cost of over priced apartment. The apartment was smelly (damp?) tired and dirty by usual standards and desperately needed redecoration. It does not represent the pictures on the website and is false advertising. Split level not suitable for aged people and to far to go back to Carlton to complain. Never again!

Room Tip: Look else where if they haven't got something better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent location in town centre but a real pain to have to pick up the keys somewhere else.
Nevertheless the apartment was ok. Everything needed was there but it was in desperate need of redecoration. It was as tired as I was after a long flight and journey (via Swanston St for the keys) from the airport. The free bus tour around the city was a bonus as was the tram loop.

Room Tip: None I can think of.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Apartment was really large, with a kitchen, dining table and sofa and lounge area. Bedroom was a good size, as was the bathroom. Really great to have a washing machine. Large patio doors and a balcony were nice for relaxing. Apartment was clean and tidy. Location was absolutely perfect, walking distance to just about everything. We got a taxi from airport and I waited while we collected the keys which didn't take long and so wasn't very inconvenient. Lots of kitchen utensils provided and so on one evening decided to make some pasta. Half an hour after turning the hob on full I could hold my hand flat on the hob and it was barely warm. Had to cook using several kettles of boiling water instead. If you are going to provide cooking facilities make sure they work!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gold coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

When the other reviews say that they will not let you pick the keys up early, they mean it.
We were half an hour early and they still made us wait.
The room was average, we were on the 14th floor with a beautiful view of Collins street however the walls had handprints on them (black handprints on cream walls?) the curtains were broken and had dead flies stuck in the roll of them.
The kitchen was clean, the bed was comfortable and the washing machine was broken. The shower was big enough however the floor felt unstable.

My main concern was the door. The lock was broken on our door.
After coming back to the hotel at about 11pm one night, I tried to unlock the door but the key would not turn over. After a panic attack my partner worked out that the pins in the lock were out of place (??) and to open the door you need to put the key in all the way, then pull it out halfway and THEN turn the key to open the door.
Made me feel very unsafe and scared.

After reading the other reviews about how the cleaners took items from peoples baggage, I did not want my room to be serviced so i'm not sure what the cleaning was like however running into the cleaners in the hallway, they seemed friendly enough.

The front counter women were rude and you could tell they were just there counting down the clock to home time. I did not feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all on Collins Street there is no reception. The room key has to be picked up from Carlton which is a bit of a walk with luggage.

The quality of the room was pretty good, neat, small and has just what you need. The bathroom is very tiny but modern looking. Not much natural light gets into the apartment though.

I used an entertainment card and received a discount for 3 nights.
On the second day, we were woken up to a phone call and knock on the door. We were then told that check out was on that day when in fact, I had booked for one more night.
Because I had received the discount, they thought I hadn't paid enough. No one contacted me about the mistake, so I thought it had been sorted.

On the day of check out, an extra $150 had been taken out of my account without my knowledge. I called them and they then again said I hadn't paid enough. I explained again and was told it would take 7 to 10 days for a refund.

I sent a long email and got a one sentence reply 4 days later saying the money would be refunded by the end of the week. No apologies made.

Overall, I did think the quality of apartments was good but the service was not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street? Share your experiences!