About Us: We are a couple aged 27 & 31. Enjoy nice accommodation and amenities when we travel - however we are not usually overly picky when it comes to reviews
We travelled over to Melbourne for Melbourne Cup so accommodation was pretty full.... had looked at some 5 star hotel however they were booked... we we ended up booked Plum apartments due to the location - and figured we would not spent much time here
1) Really wonderful location - central - easy to come and go as you please was a real bonus, would really suit the independant traveller not looking for full on service.
2) Price not to steep - and has all the amenities you need really - with a good size kitchen
1) Whist they do advertise that you need to collect the key from another building... if you arrive late in the day like we did it is a real hassle... one you would almost certainly do without
2) They advertise these as serviced apartments... however part of our stay was over the weekend... and there was no service to be seen... no change of towels... no emptying of the rubbish bins... pretty slack really. They do jack all really.. and to be honest the cleaning side of things is pretty poor. It pretty much amounts to emptying rubbish bin and if you are lucky a few new towels.
3) rock hard bed and pillows
Would I stay here again .. no. I would just book earlier in advance and pay the extra money to stay somewhere better. However if you are just looking for a place to crash and you get a cheap deal it would not really matter....
I would reccomend this place to younger groups/ friends that are wanting a place to stay during a night out in Melboune
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street Hotel Melbourne